New to the group

Options
Hi, I had my lab band surgery over a year and a half ago. Lost 60 lbs, then stayed there & gradually gained back 20 of the pounds. Groan!!!!!

This new year I am determined to get back to the loosing! Any motivation tricks you have I would love to hear about!

Thanks!

Replies

• jottati3274
    jottati3274 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my lab band surgery on January 30, 2012. It's coming up on a year next week. I'm sorry to hear that you gain back 20 of the pounds you lost. A few months ago I had a few issues too with my band. Everything I ate I kept throwing up. I did gain, when I go gain the 4 lbs, they took out fluid. The doctor was hoping the throwing up was going to stop. It slowed it down where I didn't throw as much. Just went back to the doctor recently lost 2 of the 4 lbs I gain. Which the doctor was happy in a way. He was shocked that I did lose even though I had fluid taken out. I hope that this advise will help you. The doctor told me to go back to the basic 1st few days liquids, the next few days soft and puree foods, then chopped, then regular foods. I am still working on soft foods, next week I will start on regular foods. Make sure you are doing your 25 bites between each bite. You are putting the spoon and utensils down in between them. Log you foods everyday and make sure you exercise. If you have the wii. I have the ACTIVE & ACTIVE 2 and they helped me so much. You can do it. We can do it together.