Options
dixiewhiskey
dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
Post about D13 of the 30DS

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Technically, today I am on D13 but having done L1+L2 for D12 and again tonight, is it that bad to say I am on D15? ;P

I will definitely be taking a rest day tomorrow, my right front shin is killing me. I am so desperate to change that I am working myself hard, not realizing that when your shins start to hurt, it's time to rest.
  • katrinas626
    Options
    I did it! After walking/running 5 miles today, wow I'm tired now!
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Technically, today I am on D13 but having done L1+L2 for D12 and again tonight, is it that bad to say I am on D15? ;P

I will definitely be taking a rest day tomorrow, my right front shin is killing me. I am so desperate to change that I am working myself hard, not realizing that when your shins start to hurt, it's time to rest.
    My posterior shins have been hurting during my workouts as well. :frown: I haven't taken any rest days because, I really don't want to stop now that I am on a roll of at least 13 days straight. I have started icing after my workout and I try stretching them a couple of times a day.

I have also been doing L1 and L2 for about 3 days. :drinker:

I hope your shins get to feeling better, I understand your pain!
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also completed 30 Day Shred L2 tonight and my shins have been bothering me for awhile now. I wonder what the problem is. Seems odd that we'd all have the same pains. I wonder if the warm up isn't long enough to get into such a tough workout??? I'm able to get through the pain but it's definitely noticeable and I'm also starting to get a pain in my right knee which I've never had before. Hope Jillian isn't the death of my workouts. I don't have issues during zumba or Turbo Fire or any other workout videos I've done - just this 30 Day Shred. This may be the only 30 days I devote to this workout cuz I sure don't want to injure myself.
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Day 13 done!
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also completed 30 Day Shred L2 tonight and my shins have been bothering me for awhile now. I wonder what the problem is. Seems odd that we'd all have the same pains. I wonder if the warm up isn't long enough to get into such a tough workout??? I'm able to get through the pain but it's definitely noticeable and I'm also starting to get a pain in my right knee which I've never had before. Hope Jillian isn't the death of my workouts. I don't have issues during zumba or Turbo Fire or any other workout videos I've done - just this 30 Day Shred. This may be the only 30 days I devote to this workout cuz I sure don't want to injure myself.

Looks like a few people have had them while doing the 30 DS. Hmm...I hope the next half moves quick.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210378-shin-splints-with-30-day-shred

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/630779-30-day-shred-shin-splints

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/713009-30-day-shred-shin-splints-anyone
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 13 but had to back off of the pendulum squats because my knee felt a little unstable. I know it's not good to workout the same muscles two days in a row, and this is my first time doing 30DS, but this is just one of the reasons I don't like this program. I will be moving on to something else after the 30 days are up.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    completed day 13 last night
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 13 ; )
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 13 done, I guess. I haven't been able to make it through a full Level 2 since Day 1 of it. I just keep getting dizzy and sick... maybe I need to eat right beforehand... but that usually makes me feel ill also. Oh well, I'll try it out tomorrow and see if it helps.