Shift Work

Options
Anyone else? I currently work 7 PM to 7 AM every Saturday and Sunday, and I have never had such a hhard time keeping my eyes open. I am currently at work.... awaiting a new pt. from the ER, and dreaming of my bed.

Replies

• igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    aww, that is tough, I hope you get some time to rest. I feel very tired a lot also but just finished the first trimester so hopefully it will get better soon.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I did, but not anymore, thankfully. Mine were 2 days (6:30am-2:30pm), followed by 2 swings (2:30pm-10:30pm), followed by 2 mids (10:30pm-6:30am), then 4 days off (the first two I felt got wasted trying to catch up on sleep). The day shifts were horrible because I hate getting up early to begin with and to have to get up extra early for that early start time was excrutiating; I felt like a zombie the whole time. Love mids though as I tend to be a night owl.

Can you steal away to a janitors closet for a 20min power nap? :laugh: Other than that, not sure what to share other than get up and walk around a lot to keep you awake... sitting when tired makes it soooo much worse :ohwell:
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I work 7p-7a and i recently went per diem to finish school. I just got off my longest stretch of days in a row 6 to be exact and i find the more nights you work in a row the easier they tend to get. On my perdiem schedule i will work friday saturday and sunday. I try to hit the hospital 'gym' at 1am and it perks me up some and helps get me through the rest of the night. I do agree the dragging times are the hardest.