Pregnancy Dreams

Options
mrs_dwr
mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
I always have action/adventure/spy dreams during pregnancy, which I think is AWESOME! I'm always in the middle of the action, big belly and all, lol! My dreams feel like I'm watching a movie and it's always a little disappointing when I wake up. :laugh:

Anyone else out there with unusual dreams?

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    This is a common thing with pregnancy... I have been having WILD ones with this baby. I don't remember them being so vivid with my other two.

My most recent, I was having a dream, something about aliens, which I have a VERY irrational fear of. My almost 4 year old daughter was patting me on the back in the process of having this dream. I woke up, didn't know what was going on. I was sweating and scared from the dream, felt tapping on my back. Turn around expecting a cat, since we have 4 and it was still dark out. It was my daughter... I saw her profile and screamed like someone was trying to murder me! Scared the crap outta here, out of my husband. I keep laughing about it now.. but damn, having a dream like that and seeing a little person staring at me when I woke up.. F that!!

It was 3:30... she wanted juice. I told her that'll teach her to wake mommy up in the middle of the night!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of nightmares while pregnant. Spiders often make an appearance. With my daughter I had a lot of dreams about having her and her already knowing how to walk and talk. Or forgetting her places. This time I've had dreams that I had the baby really quickly. Like in one dream I just sat up in my bed and he came right out. I don't really have a lot of fun dreams but definitely some bizarre ones!
  • GTSally
    GTSally Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the, ahem, "exciting" dreams that often occur during pregnancy :blushing: Best part of being pregnant IMO!
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have had some really strange dreams this time. Really vivid and awful. In one, the empty lot across from us was cleared and turned into a cemetary. The neighbors next to the lot turned their house into a funeral home. I was arguing with them about how I wasn't afraid of death, I just didn't want the view to ruin my property value.

I did have a nicer one last night, I dreamed that I went for an "easy" run and it was enjoyable. No trouble breathing, just a nice safe jog.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have had some really strange dreams this time. Really vivid and awful. In one, the empty lot across from us was cleared and turned into a cemetary. The neighbors next to the lot turned their house into a funeral home. I was arguing with them about how I wasn't afraid of death, I just didn't want the view to ruin my property value.

I had a nightmare the other night that my grandmother and my sister were sitting in a coffin filled with water, and they kept slipping under the water and drowning. I kept trying to save them, but would lose my grip on one while trying to get the other one. Soooooo scary and terrible!!! Not a fan of the death-themed dreams!
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the, ahem, "exciting" dreams that often occur during pregnancy :blushing: Best part of being pregnant IMO!

Hmmm, I've only ever heard of people having those types of dreams; never actually experienced any myself!