How Insane is INSANITY??

Options
kel7298
kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
I am considering trying it, but am worried I won't be able to cut the mustard so to speak. Please give me your thoughts.

BTW: I am 51 and in pretty good shape but not sure I could do a P90X Plyo circuit daily

Replies

• PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Curious on this too kel7298!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Im glad someone asked this!!

Insanity, is well, insane, but Shaun T. ALWAYS reminds you to rest when you need it, and dont be ashamed if you cant keep up with the Spartans they have in the videos, but it is worth it, im at the begining of week two, and I'm already seeing results!

PS.
    Age with this doesnt really matter that much, my mother has been doing these with me, and shes 54, so give it a shot, and remember to dig deeper!
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's INSANE! It's by far my favorite program because it moves quickly & it's over b4 u know it. In comparison the P90X... it's a different ball game all together. P90X focuses on weight/ strength training. Insanity has more cardio. A bit more difficult than Cardio X. That said, I lost 23.5 inches in 2 months w/ it. Another good way to "ease" into it, would be to do a P90X/ Insanity hybrid. I've finished Insanity & Asylum so I'm doing the hybrid now.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome program, but it is called Insanity for a reason.. Don't let that scare you away from one of the best programs out there though.. I was three weeks away from my 48th birthday when I started Insanity last year. I didn't work my way up to it, I just "jumped off the couch" and started into it.. I was actually the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I was in the worst shape of my life due to two multi-layer neck fusion surgeries in less than 1 year's time frame. Insanity was awesome to start my fitness journey.. I did struggle with it in the beginning. I was well into the second week before I could even get through the warm up without taking breaks. But, I made it through it. I did develope some knee issues during the second month and had to modify some of the moves, but I was able to finish it.. In fact, I did more than 60 days of it when I incorporated Insanity with Les Mills Pump as a hybrid.
    To be honest, you may struggle (a LOT!) to begin with in Insanity. But, before you know it, you'll be taking less breaks, pushing harder, "digging deeper," and on your way to getting in some great shape!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you can modify if you need to! It is a lot of plyo, but if my knees are complaining I take it down a notch and still get a great workout. Don't be afraid to take breaks - everybody does. I find it crazy fun!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts. I might just have to give it a try!