Healthy foodie friends with open diaries?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Rebecca. A bit about me: I love to cook and eat out, although I'm doing much less of the latter lately. I have zero formal training and generally cook "everyday" food", nothing too complex, just hopefully well-executed. But I'm pretty adventurous when I have time, and I like to think I cook intuitively. I don't follow recipes and I rarely make the same dish twice. I don't have the time or patience to make everything I eat from scratch, but I try to do as much as I can. I'm a protein-lover and generally eat low carb except for fruits and veggies. I have a weakness for wine. I like cuisine from all over the world and love learning the culture around the foods I'm eating or preparing. When I travel it's all about the food - from a street cart to a grandma's kitchen to a 3-star Michelin restaurant, I love it all!

I have a great support group here on MFP, but I'd love to find some more healthy foodies who keep their diaries open. I admit, I like to snoop and get inspired, and I welcome others to reciprocate! Add me if you think we could inspire one another. (WARNING: If you check out my diary right now, understand that I'm using my Vitamix for breakfast and dinners while I kick-start this new year, but normally I eat more and I don't liquefy all my food! :laugh: ).

Here's to OUR health! *clink*

Replies

• theriviera
    theriviera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My diary is open to friends but I'm happy to have a new friend! I love to cook and I'm also a wine lover. It's been okay so far but I'm worried that I'll get bored. I think if I can make some interesting, flavorful, healthy recipes, that it will help me stick with it. I'm making this tonight:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/reviews/Grilled-Asian-Flank-Steak-with-Sweet-Slaw-242464?pg=3

Need to go marinate it now!

My
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    Hello! My diary is open to friends, but feel free to friend away :) I don't cook anything fancy and I tend to eat more ethnic (Thai, Indian, Mexican, Venezuelan, Vietnamese, etc.) food that more European style foods but you're welcome to take a peak! I have Celiac Disease which means I cannot have even a part per million of wheat, rye, barley or oats which ends up with me cooking every single meal, every day (except for the occasional sushi) so it's all cooked from scratch. I love sharing recipes too.
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi! My diary is open. :) I cook from scratch 99% of the time, and I'd like to think its mostly healthy. My downfall has always been portion sizes! I also love wine, but usually have only one glass a few times a week. Since committing to MFP, I've been paying more attention to the size of the glass, LOL.
  • BeckyAndie
    BeckyAndie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Rebecca. A bit about me: I love to cook and eat out, although I'm doing much less of the latter lately. I have zero formal training and generally cook "everyday" food", nothing too complex, just hopefully well-executed. But I'm pretty adventurous when I have time, and I like to think I cook intuitively. I don't follow recipes and I rarely make the same dish twice. I don't have the time or patience to make everything I eat from scratch, but I try to do as much as I can. I'm a protein-lover and generally eat low carb except for fruits and veggies. I have a weakness for wine. I like cuisine from all over the world and love learning the culture around the foods I'm eating or preparing. When I travel it's all about the food - from a street cart to a grandma's kitchen to a 3-star Michelin restaurant, I love it all!

I have a great support group here on MFP, but I'd love to find some more healthy foodies who keep their diaries open. I admit, I like to snoop and get inspired, and I welcome others to reciprocate! Add me if you think we could inspire one another. (WARNING: If you check out my diary right now, understand that I'm using my Vitamix for breakfast and dinners while I kick-start this new year, but normally I eat more and I don't liquefy all my food! :laugh: ).

Here's to OUR health! *clink*

Your cooking style is a lot like mine, except I'm not a huge fan of dry wines unless I'm using them in a recipe. I did find a moscato recently that was divine, though.

I haven't cooked anything awe-inspiring in the last few weeks, but I'm feelin' the itch!

I also haven't been paying much attention to carbs lately. I have made sure to stay within my calorie allotment and have made sure to make time for regular cardio workouts. The problem is that I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks so I was thinking I should try and cut out some carbs to see that makes a difference. I'd love to see some of your high protein, low carb ideas. I'll friend request you.

I'm always hoping for more foodie friends, so feel free to friend request me. Diary is open.