Remnants of the Ex

Options
CassiusKnox
CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
It ended a long time ago but what do you still do that you originally did just to please the ex?

I still use HER brand of toothpaste and soap.

In fact I still have her toothbrush on my bathroom sink :sad: <<< might be time I threw that away.

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I do believe you are right. Time to throw out her toothbrush!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My ex was a huge Eagles fan and he passed it on to me. I'm now a loyal follower of the Eagles. However, according to my son, the ex no longer likes the Eagles because his girlfriend doesn't.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I still have underwear one bought me, but I refuse to get rid of them as good underwear is expensive and I hate shopping.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long the relationship was.

A toothbrush of the ex has got to go.

Changing brands of toothpaste and soap could be a good idea, if those brands remind someone of their ex.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have a nice set of martini glasses that she bought me. No reason to get rid of them.

However everything else is gone, pictures, bathroom stuff, present that I had bought her and she didn't stick around long enough to get.

As far as doing things differently, not really. Wasn't in my past relationships long enough for things like that to stick.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    His grandmother and him made a bunch of quilts for me and the girls....

For Christmas he made me a blue jean blanket, huge....like 40 lbs. I get it out when it's cold and I put it on the bed, and the thought crosses my mind

"We used to make passionate love and snuggle under this thing....aww...." then I let one rip and the "moment" is over. Kind of like metaphorically giving him the finger.

That thing is sooo warm...I will never get rid of it! Best gift ever.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have a camping knife and a Giants baseball cap.

Both he gave to me, and I still use.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Her "foofy" thing in the shower still hangs there...can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Do they call that a Loofa?
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    One ex turned me on to some dude name Michael Buble back in 2006, we broke up in 2007...still a fan today.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My ex was a huge Eagles fan and he passed it on to me. I'm now a loyal follower of the Eagles. However, according to my son, the ex no longer likes the Eagles because his girlfriend doesn't.

I have had 2 friends say the best thing they got from their ex's was the love of a sports team. One is now a Viking fan and the other one is a UNC basketball fan.

The one that is a UNC basketball fan is now dating a Duke fan. The odd thing is they live in Tampa.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Her "foofy" thing in the shower still hangs there...can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Yup, and they are awesome too! Just try it out, I'm a huge fan of the loofa/body wash combo and I get ripped on it by the guys at work but whatevs *shrug*
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I still have lots of things from my marriage but I think the one thing that most people comment on is the diamond ring. The general rule is that if you break it off, then he gets back the ring but since I paid for the ring there was no way he was getting it. I had the diamond re-set into a pendant. It reminds me that I need to pick better guys in the future.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Yup, and they are awesome too! Just try it out, I'm a huge fan of the loofa/body wash combo and I get ripped on it by the guys at work but whatevs *shrug*

Oh I have one, and I love it.

Hers just hangs right next to mine....*kitten*, maybe it's time to throw that thing out tonight..
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of his stuff anymore.

But I do have a beautiful portrait I did of him. He wanted me to keep it because it was my artwork. I wanted him to keep it because he was the subject. Somehow it ended up in my closet. I feel sad every time I see it but it's too good and sentimental to get rid of at the same time.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Throw it out Ty. :wink:

I don't have anything left from my marriage except some family pics that I've put in a box for the kids to have later. He kept all physical possessions.

I have a Pandora bracelet from an ex-bf. I kept just the chain, and have bought myself new charms. The charm he gave me was a cute penguin...the kids never knew it was from him, so I gave that to my daughter for her bracelet.

I have a set of two wine glasses from a tasting I did with a different ex-bf. I probably should get rid of them, but just haven't felt that strongly one way or another.

Other than that, it's all MINE...... bwahahahaha
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    He calls me Pixie! :brokenheart: But I like that one and I'm keeping it ! :bigsmile:

Everything else is hidden. I dont throw anything away. I like memories :heart:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I have a heart pendant that he gave me I tucked away in my jewelry box..I won't wear it.. but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Everything else I got rid of.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I tend to like getting rid of things. But.. I don't feel I need to do so to purge my life of an ex. In fact.. I kind of think that as long as you don't obsess about it, remembering is pretty healthy.
    I enjoyed this article..

In defense of never moving on

http://jezebel.com/5974934/in-defense-of-never-moving-on?tag=love
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Throw it out Ty. :wink:

You're not the boss of me!!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Naked photos. I can't believe no one has said that yet.