Hello, I'm new to group

Options
ptroses
ptroses Posts: 65 Member
Hello all. I just joined MFP and this group. I have worked in health care for about 22 years. I started off as a CNA and just completed by Masters Degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner this past May and got certified in July of 2012. As of November 2012, and the come down from the very busy life I had for the past 5 years, I decided that it was finally time for me to pay attention to me. I want and need to be a healthier me. Over the years I've gradually put on about 100 lbs. I would like to say I don't know how it got that way, but I do...long hours at work...no time to cook or excercise (though I thought or convinced myself)...putting everyone else before me...going back to school... If your in heatlh care, I'm sure you can relate. That's why I joined this group. I thought, now there is a group of people that will understand the challenges I face day in and day out!!! So here I am. I'm ready to change and look forward to your encouragement and well as helping encourage others too!!

Replies

• jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP and to the healthcare group. This isn't a very active group though. We must all be too busy working!!!

Feel free to friend me if you like. I'm in radiology in Dubai.
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP! I'm a Certified Pharm Tech and very busy, however, I ALWAYS log my food & exercise thru MFP...I love the app on my Droid. Anyway, welcome & best wishes on your lifestyle change! Friend me if you want! :bigsmile:
  • cubs202013
    cubs202013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im also new to the group looking to be do with school next year for being a medical assistant.