Which dvds are your favorites? / introducing myself

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
Well, that's the main question- but also I figured I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking around the group for awhile without posting. I'm 29 years old, about 10 pounds grom my goal weight (joined mfp two years ago and have had a nice slow loss) and am re-dedicating myself in the new year here to get those 10 pounds off after having maintained most of last year. I've never purchased an entire set of Turbo Fire/ Turbo Jam or dedicated myself ONLY to turbo fire/jam but I am a cardio kickboxing freak and I love the dance-y high energy aspect Chalene adds to it. I've got two turbo jam dvds and one turbo fire dvd and I swap them around with my Michele Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval burn dvd (another awesome highly recommended cardio kickboxing type instructor), a few good old fashioned billy blanks dvds, a couple of jillian micheals dvds, and mix in a little 3 mile run outside here and there. I really really really love turbo fire- that's what I'm newest to, the rest of them I've had for awhile. I just got my first turbo fire dvd off of ebay for $10 (the fire 45 stretch 10 dvd) and will be hunting for others.

Question- when I'm looking for others, is the Fire 55 Stretch 10 dvd basically the same moves, just longer or are there new moves? What are everyone's favorite dvds from the set? I don't need any of the just stretch dvds- I've got yoga dvds for that. I LOVE the one turbo fire dvd I have though and can't wait to get another or two!

Replies

• michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    They all have different routines. My favourites were Fire 55, Fire 30 and the any of the HIIT dvds. Good luck finding some more dvds.
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Fire 45 EZ

I'm Krista, also new to the group. Hoping to start my first round on Sunday!
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I love all things Turbo and Chalene. I've had TF since it came out. I recently ordered the Fire Starter package for new workouts/music. After doing the DVDs nearly everyday for a few years, I don't enjoy any of them as much as I used to. However, I still have my faves. HIIT 20, Fire 60, Fire EZ45 (LOVE!). Fire 55 EZ used to be a favorite of mine but not anymore. I pressed play way too many times to enjoy it now.

I would absolutely love a set of NEW TF workouts. I heard/read that Chalene will make another ChaLean Xtreme before she starts another TF. :sad:
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: So hard to choose! I guess my favorites so far are hiit 20, fire 30 and fire 55 ez. Fire 45 ez is the most difficult routine for me, so it is probably my least favorite, but it has one of my favorite combos (i'm a bad girl) in it.
    Just buy the whole set! You won't regret it! I bought mine during a beachbody sale for only $53 and I know it was that price at Christmas too.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love fire 30, fire 45 EZ and fire 55 EZ!!
  • whovian88
    whovian88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been doing TurboFire everyday for the past 5 weeks and my favorite video so far is Fire 45. I love the hip hop elements in the choreography and the music is so much fun to dance do. I also share a love-hate relationship with all of the HIIT workouts. In complete misery during but afterwards feel amazing and know it was worth it. I also enjoy the Sculpt and Toning 30 videoes. It's a change of pace from the usual cardio-based workouts that are offered during the program. Best of luck with you workouts!!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • nubian218
    nubian218 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorites are HIt 15 and 20 hands down!
  • Starlage
    Options
    HEY! REPLIES!! LOL.

Glad to have the opnions!!! I'm still deciding whether to get any of the HIIT dvds. I actually enjoy a longer workout. Looks like I'll need to check out the EZ 45! I saw that one on ebay a few times. People are finally getting smart on there and selling the dvds individually to make more money! I've been WAITING! I knew I couldn't really afford/ didn't want to buy the whole set. So happy they're available idividually.
  • Starlage
    Options
    HEY GUESS WHAT!! I won an ebay auction for a turbo fire set! The amazing/ironic thing? The only thing missing from the set (why I got it so cheap- $40 AFTER shipping!!) is the Fire 45 dvd and the calendar. THE FIRE 45 DVD! That's the one I got off ebay for $10 and have been so obessed with for the last few weeks! I'm so excited :) Can't wait to get it!!!!

Another question- how important is the "stretch 10" part of the dvds? I get that you need to stretch but I don't like the stretch 10 on the dvd I have so I do other cooldowns/stretches for the same amount of time. I can't wait to get the whole set and commit myself to a turbo fire schedule but if the stretch 10 is always the same.... blah... I can't do that daily. Too boring. I have other cooldowns and stretching on dvds that I enjoy more, so I swap those in my routine after I finish her workout. Think that's a big deal? I figure as long as I'm doing the workouts........ and stretching.......it shouldn't matter too much whether I'm doing Chalene's stretching or not.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I learned to love Stretch 10 and Stretch 40. I was never much of a stretcher before TF but I really need it, especially Stretch 10. That Tae Kwon Do stretch she does really opens up my hips and stretches me out. I look forward to doing Stretch 10 after the workouts even if its not on the schedule. It has really loosened me up.

I just started Week 8 yesterday (Recovery week). The scale didn't move much for me in the 1st 4 weeks although I did lose inches. It was only in the 2nd month where the scale started to move (for me). After my 20 weeks, I'm still thinking of doing P90X Lean (because I already own it) or shelling out more bucks for Chalean Extreme. We shall see which route I go afterwards.

It's funny seeing all the likes for 45EZ. I just did that for the 1st time yesterday since Week 3. I forgot how confusing it was. I'll have to get used to it again. My fave DVD's are Fire 45 and 55EZ. I'm looking forward to getting back to the HIIT's next week.

You got an awesome deal on the set on Ebay! Good luck!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I see you already got a set, but Fire 45 EZ is by far my fav, I get the BEST burn from it and something about the music, I don't know. I love it! I also really like Fire 30 and I'm learning to love the Tone 30. I normally dislike strength training, but I'm getting there. I've only done the prep schedule so I haven't tried all the HIITs yet!