Couple sharing same name have split

Options
DMZ_1
DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/couple-sharing-same-name-split-170951408.html

A man and a woman, both named Kelly Hildebrandt, married each other in 2009. They have since split up. It does not look like the Kelly Hildebrandts had kids.

I always liked this love story. It started on Facebook, when the female Kelly Hildebrandt looked for other people named Kelly Hildebrandt and found the male Kelly Hildebrandt. They started communicating and eventually it worked out.

The bond of the Kelly Hildebrandt name is not an eternal bond.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Oh sad I liked that story too.

I had a teacher in high school that shared the first name Kelly with her husband. I believe that she kept her maiden name to avoid confusion.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

I had a teacher in high school that shared the first name Kelly with her husband. I believe that she kept her maiden name to avoid confusion.

The anecdote of the teacher would make sense.

Christine-how would you feel about dating a guy named Chris/Christopher?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awwww, that's a shame :brokenheart:

I doubt I'd ever find someone called Anna Maria Per.... :bigsmile:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I dated a Daniel briefly. Did not enjoy the similar name at all.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Anna-The two Kelly Hildebrandts had different middle names. With the name Anna, you are not likely to find a guy with a similar first name.

Daniel and Danielle could be an interesting combo. Daniel should go by Dan in a situation like that. Dan & Danielle could work. Dan & Dani could work too.
  • christine24t
    Options

The anecdote of the teacher would make sense.

Christine-how would you feel about dating a guy named Chris/Christopher?

I dont think I would mind it too much. Probably wouldn't be my first name choice lol but it's not a deal breaker...but I do have a cousin Christopher and an uncle Chris that would be the weirder thing to me -
    Dating someone with my cousins name.

Danielle, odd question. Up in your neck of the woods, are Danielle and Daniel pronounced the same?
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    Anna-The two Kelly Hildebrandts had different middle names. With the name Anna, you are not likely to find a guy with a similar first name.

Daniel and Danielle could be an interesting combo. Daniel should go by Dan in a situation like that. Dan & Danielle could work. Dan & Dani could work too.

Daniel did go by Dan...but it still bugged me. I am not a fan of my name anyway...having been called Daniel a lot in life. I also detest Dani. There is only the odd person who can say that..
    It may be why I highly prefer female names that end in "a".

There should be a distinct difference between Daniel and Danielle...but in some parts of the world it sounds exactly the same. Asia..continental Europe....sigh.
    The inflection should be DANiel and DaniELLE
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I dated a Chris briefly, it got confusing, since a lot of the times people call me Kris.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I answer to anything with Chris in it... Christine Chris Christy Chrissy Christian haha
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    This is not an issue for me. You'd be hard pressed to find a woman with my first name or any sort of feminine equivalent.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    both my first and last name are very uncommon, last name in general and first name for anyone under the age of 60, and there is no male version of my frist name so I would have no match.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    funilly enough I actually met a guy whose name was similar to me. I'm Jen and he was Jens lol... we had a bit of a laugh over it
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    funilly enough I actually met a guy whose name was similar to me. I'm Jen and he was Jens lol... we had a bit of a laugh over it

Jens is a common Euro name. Jens is pronounced like Yens.

Speaking of Euro names, you could get Jan (pronounced like Yahn, rather Germanic) and an American girl Jan, being short for Janet or Janice.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate when people call me Jenny. WTF .. am I 12?

A lot of people feel very comfortable in shortening my name to Jen .. even if they don't know me. Case in point .. the UPS guy called me Jen yesterday. Weird. Not that I mind .. it is just funny to me. I never introduce myself as Jen .. it is always Jennifer ..

Or they sing 867-5309 at me.

I don't know if this is on topic or not .. lol
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Every time I get called Jimmy, I think of the scene in Home Alone where he steals the tooth brush and they clerk yells "JIMMY Stop that boy!" Jimmy the teenage grocery bagger, that's me.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Every time I get called Jimmy, I think of the scene in Home Alone where he steals the tooth brush and they clerk yells "JIMMY Stop that boy!" Jimmy the teenage grocery bagger, that's me.

Everyone I know calls me by my initials, but anytime my full name is printed somewhere (usually the doctors office or DMV, etc) they always shorten it and it's like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I have given in to being called Ruthie. I just hate my name in general it is either Ruth, a 80 year old bible thumper, or Ruthie a 8 year old with hair in pigtails.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I have given in to being called Ruthie. I just hate my name in general it is either Ruth, a 80 year old bible thumper, or Ruthie a 8 year old with hair in pigtails.

Or they turn into Forest Gump and say "Hi Jennay" ..
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    And I seriously dislike being called Danielle by family or anyone really close to me (a boyfriend etc). Strangers and friends is fine. I associate it with someone being angry at me...as my mother always called me something else the rest of the time.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I love my name.

I also don't have to worry about female Zach's.

:drinker: