Star Trek

Options
There's a marathon on the SyFy (hahahaha) channel right now. Watching Farmer Hogget booze and flirt and curse sometimes breaks my brain. Are there any familiar characters that seem out of place when they are in different shows?

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Patrick Stewart when he played Scrooge - yet he didn't seem out of place in American Dad, go figure
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Whenever I watch Transformers 3 and see Sentinel Prime I either think something along the lines of 'no Spock, nooo!' or 'damn mirror-verse...' really depends on the mood.

And, slightly off topic, I always get a kick out of seeing characters in different places (like Mr. Weasley and Dr. House being baddies in 101 Dalmations got a good laugh out of me).
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    OMG, yes, Patrick Stewart Scroog was SO crazy. Do you guys remember when he played Ahab in a made-for-TV production of Moby ****? That was pretty weird too.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Whenever I watch Transformers 3 and see Sentinel Prime I either think something along the lines of 'no Spock, nooo!' or 'damn mirror-verse...' really depends on the mood

See, to me Spock will always be Galvatron :wink:
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Whenever I watch Transformers 3 and see Sentinel Prime I either think something along the lines of 'no Spock, nooo!' or 'damn mirror-verse...' really depends on the mood

See, to me Spock will always be Galvatron :wink:

Forgot about him...been a long time.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Now i feel old, you weren't even born when i was blubbing like a little girl in the cinema watching Optimus Prime die :sad:
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Now i feel old, you weren't even born when i was blubbing like a little girl in the cinema watching Optimus Prime die :sad:
    Right there with ya man.

'Til All Are One!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The ones that get me are the character like Worf who then guess star on another sho and you spend 15 minutes going I know that voice why do I know that voice. It happened to me with Quark twice....

Also Q on charmed I told my sister of course he would play a whitelighter council member hes a GOD. Q will always be Q
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Theyve started showing TNG from the start on Syfy in the uk at the start of the year in HD, needless to say its been fully recorded and watched :D
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    John DeLancie will always be Eugene to me.....
  • mookiemoo1974
    Options
    I have to post to this discussion because of an earlier event today....I received a call from my 13 yr old son's principal, which left my whole office rolling with laughter.

Apparently my son preformed the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on a kid and made him faint. The principal (obviously not a Trekkie) Googled it to find out what it was - to which the definition was "a tight grip on the nerve in a neck that causes unconsciousness." I then had to explain to the principal about this wonderful thing called Star Trek, and that I'm sure my son didn't think it would work and was probably just being funny. The principal could tell that my son did not mean to hurt anyone, but he is in in-school suspension today.
  • Yogicoder
    Yogicoder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Q as a dad in Breaking Bad threw me for a loop. As for Patrick Stewart, yeah, he'll always be Captain Picard to me, though he was very convincing in Jeffrey.
  • sairbear8
    sairbear8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Brent Spiner (Data) in Independence Day. I'd just taken a mouthful of frozen coke when he showed up on screen, ended up choking and snorting it. XD
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Brent Spiner (Data) in Independence Day. I'd just taken a mouthful of frozen coke when he showed up on screen, ended up choking and snorting it. XD

Or Brent Spiner as Brent Spiner in BBT
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options

Or Brent Spiner as Brent Spiner in BBT

or Brent Spiner on Night Court,, the first time i ever saw him....
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Brent Spiner on Night Court,, the first time i ever saw him....
    Soos funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLvtoKZfxY
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    John DeLancie will always be Eugene to me.....

I had a squee attack when I heard Q as a villain on a couple episodes of My Little Pony's newest generation. He did pretty good as the embodiment of chaos, Discord.