lose 5 pounds in 4 weeks starting today

Options
Friends,
I have been taking a sine wave of losing and gaining weight. I have lost quite a bit when I was 20 years old...gained back again.....lost again and gained back one more time when I got pregnant. Now, I have decided to lose all the extra fat and get back in perfect shape I was once in.
In the last few months (nov and dec 2012), we had a little weight loss challenge in my workplace and that helped me lose 15 pounds of 25 pounds of extra weight I was carrying around. Now I am down to losing 10 more pounds and the most difficult challenge after that would be to maintain it.

Anyways, let me know if any one you are interested in taking up the challenge of losing 5 pounds in 4 weeks. We can motivate each other on a daily basis and lose all that weight together. What say??

all the best
Samanvita

Replies

• SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Samanvita,

Fist of all thanks for this initiative.I am with you in this challenge.As regards me and my weight credentials,you can visit my blog :),have sent you a friend request.I completely agree that community support plays a great role in achieving the milestone in this fitness journey.Lets do it together!

Thanks,
    Sonali
  • bcharitha
    Options
    Hello Sonali,
    Thanks for joining the challenge!
    Can you please post the link to your blog as a reply to this message?
    Noticed that you are a regular workout person. Great!
    I have almost quit working out or that work out is not quite working out for me after I had a kid. So, have opted home workout routines but was not quite serious about them.
    But, your profile has inspired me to start one workout routine seriously. Thanks for motivating me already :)

Will keep you posted!

Sam
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam,

Thanks for reaching out to me.Here goes the link for my bog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SonaliShukla

Well,I am an IT professional in Bangalore and have ranged from 84-88 kgs for last 7 yrs.Having been trying doing some exercise for quite sometime but i dont think have been ever so serious about my calorie intake coupled with regular workouts as i have been doing for the past 1 month after joining MFP.Joined MFP at 87.5 from first week of Dec 2012 and currently i am close to 83.Looking forward to lose some weight in the next few weeks.Need to do this at the earliest as I know my biological clock is ticking and we are planning for a kid this year.Its imperative that i need to come down to 70-72(considering my height of 5-7") for a safe pregnancy.Thts wat make me all the more crazy for the timeline.

Looking at your weight,first of all hats off that you have been able to lose 15 pounds inspite of having a small kid.Just had a look at your diary, just a suggestion dear to be cautious about your intake,especially if you are feeding your baby.Need to understand whats your BMR and TDEE(Total daily Energy Expenditure) before deciding on your intake.Accordingly decide your calorie intake,otherwise you will struggle to lose and get over the plateau,even lose lean body muscle mass although you might have achieved the goal weight.Initially in Dec 12 when i joined MFP,i used to eat very less close to 1200 and never ate back my exercise calories,eventually i hit the plateau soon.I have been able to come over that last week only with a proper diet.Regarding calorie intake,this has been the best post on MFP from Dan and really works well.
    http://tinyurl.com/mfproadmap
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    If you do not have measurements the scooby workshop will help you find the proper amount of calorie intake.

Be in touch n lets learn from each other in this fitness journey!
  • ahansohn
    Options
    This is something i've been trying out as a way to actually ENJOY working out.

Write down every excersize you've heard of or seen thats intriuged you and you havent done. From side crunches to parcore, write it all down. As you do them, check them off. If you didnt hate it, or even liked it, star it. Add it to the weekly routine you have set up already (replace something you cannot stand if you cant squeeze in the time) After everything on that list has been checked off, you will have a better idea of what your workouts should be - because this is a life change, not a diet. Arrange your week so you have at least one of the 'fun' activities every day or every-other day. Put it last, so you can use it as a reward. Even though the reward is another workout, it will get you to do the push-ups you hate but need to do.

Its worked out pretty well so far! Thanks for listening!