New to Group

Options
izenzo
izenzo Posts: 57 Member
Hi all :)

Just joined the group, but not new to the 'game'. I have already lost 100, but want to lose the last 40-50. I have started off the new year with the motto "finish what I start".

Had a huge setback last year due to personal issues, however I did not put weight back on (but did not lose it either). So I am back on my game plan. Working out a min of 3 times a week, and have even completed my first 5k's this year (Jan 6th and Jan 13th). I'm even looking into another one in February.

I am looking for likewise minded people to help with the motivation. Hopefully I will find it in this group.

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Sending FR
  • izenzo
    Options
    Accepted :)
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to our group! WOW!!! You've lost 100 POUNDS!!!! That is AMAZING!!! What an ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I'm hoping you'll be very active on our threads as we can learn a lot from YOU!!!! :wink:
  • izenzo
    Options
    I'm hoping to be. I think I need the community to help with the next leg of my journey. First thing is make YOURSELF a priority. We have kids, husbands, jobs...we make sure we are there for everyone, at our own detriment. Make the same commitment to yourself. Put yourself on your priority list.

I make sure to make time for my gym-time. I bought tins from the dollar tree (like you get in an Italian restaurant for take out) and I make my salads for 3 days at a time. Prepping 3 takes just as long as 1 does. I have snacks in my desk drawer, and in my own mini fridge in my classroom. As a special ed teacher in a large high school, I never know what my day will be....I can grab a healthy go-to rather than something from a machine.

Ps...my indulgence...a trainer once every other week. I have been with her for 3 years and she keeps me motivated as well. The pic on my progress is her doing yoga on a stand up paddleboard