Prevention is not perfect but a start! 1/15/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, since teh media has created panic with everyone and the flu...let's talk about food that helps us! WHO doesn't like to eat?! Especially food that will help our WHITE BLOOD CELLs do a Karate chop on the bad guy virus and bacteria!

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20441297,00.html

I say hit the liquids hard and eat all the citrus you can get! Chicken soup never hurt either. So today the CHALLENGE is:

Eat some sort of citrus today: grapefruit, oranges, limes, lemons and tangerines! Celmentines...not sure but hey it is orange! LOL! Also, a double challenge is go to bed earlier today! Sleep is like insurance! We all need it! LOL!

Peace,
WW
PS-citrus and sleep for that matter are both good for our skin anyway...now who doesn't want to glow?!

Replies

• LoviesMom
    Options
    Whatsup with this? I love grapefruit! I recently bought the little fruit cups at Tom Thumb of ruby red grapefruit - but when I'm packing my lunch - I ALWAYS shy away from them...guess my thinking is it "doesn't go with" what I've already packed. So - thank you for this challenge - I'm going to take it one step further and challenge myself to have one a day until they are gone!

You are right on target - thank you for the daily challenges! I look forward to what you've come up for the day!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Funny, when I was at the store this weekend, I bought a bag of red grapefruit -figured for $3.99 a bag and there's 6 in the bag, not bad, plus gotta work to peel it (that should burn a calorie right there :bigsmile: .) They are very juicy so, very messy, kinda reminds me of my childhood when we'd sneak in to the orange and grapefruit groves near where we lived and play tag, then climb the trees and pick the fruit and sit on the branches and eat fresh picked oranges and grapefruits!

Note: we had permission from the owner of the groves to be there, the groves were big enough that the fruit we did eat made very little dent in his profit margin, and he figured our parents would appreciate that we were eating a healthy snack
  • beanab
    beanab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had an orange this morning before even joining this group! Guess I made the right choice!!
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    good idea, I have citrus trees so i'll have some tangerines and lemons today :)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get some oranges but for whatever reason the ones at the grocery store did not look appetizing. But I think I will brew some tea. I am a bit chilled today.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    good idea, I have citrus trees so i'll have some tangerines and lemons today :)

What?!?!?! I would be like Cookie Monster but with orange juice all over my face!!!!!!!! LOL!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    So I accidentally had an excellent preventative lunch today. Spring mix chicken salad with Italian dressing and Spicy kale, potato and chicken soup. (The other half has been on a kale kick. It tastes good, so I'm not complaining.)
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love me some oranges, been eating one a day for the last few days. They're such bright, happy fruit. This thread reminds me that I need to get some grapefruit too. I always forget how much I like grapefruit until I have it again.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Fruit is the best! I especially love me some grapefruit :love: I cut mine in half and spoon them out. I learned really quickly that if my kids were up, I needed to cut two. They would run up to me with their mouths open wanting more. I would get maybe every 3rd bite. Oranges, clementines, apples, grapefruit -- all in my fruit bowl. My biggest problem is I need to limit them.:mad: