not wearing white just yet

Options
Hello!

I am excited to be a part of this group - and not just because of the rock on my left hand! I am currently in a good place with exercising (typically 6-7 days a week), but it's the food that is killing me. I keep it to a decent amount, and then tend to splurge. Short of me posting a brides magazine on my arm so I can remember 24/7 to keep my wedding goal in mind, any recommendations for eating right that doesn't cost a lot? I love weight watchers, but currently can't afford it as all the extra pennies are going to the wedding in October!

Thanks, and have a great day!
Courtney

Replies

• bookangel89
    bookangel89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am excited to be a part of this group - and not just because of the rock on my left hand! I am currently in a good place with exercising (typically 6-7 days a week), but it's the food that is killing me. I keep it to a decent amount, and then tend to splurge. Short of me posting a brides magazine on my arm so I can remember 24/7 to keep my wedding goal in mind, any recommendations for eating right that doesn't cost a lot? I love weight watchers, but currently can't afford it as all the extra pennies are going to the wedding in October!

Thanks, and have a great day!
    Courtney

Hmm..I am in the same boat with you. I did WW but I found it just too expensive. With the food, I honestly just choke the expense because I know I feel great when I eat fresh fruits and veggies. I shop sales at different super markets. Yesterday at Stop and Shop I found blueberries pints for buy one get one free! It may seem expensive but in the end you will feel better and it will help you on your journey. I also recommend switching to whole wheat/grain products (pasta, bread).

Another piece of advice, yes keep your wedding in mind but also remember how you feel here and now on your journey. Do you feel stronger? Do you have more energy? Did you lose a pound this week? Savor the small moments to keep it in perspective and if you have a "bad day"..there is always tomorrow! Hope this helps!
  • cstephens3258
    cstephens3258 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for commenting, and for your advice! I am currently allergic to fruit (I have a doctor's appointment in early February), so I have been steering away from it. However, munchies I have been stocking up on. I also love the advice about focusing on the here and now. I definitely do feel better on a day to day basis, and also love the way I feel in my workout clothes.

I definitely will also keep the whole grains in mind. I am also going to try having some flax seeds as well.

Hope you are having a great week!
    Courtney
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally understand being on a budget. But i found that there are some cheap things that u could eat and also help u feel full like rice, beans, cabbage , and many other vegetables. Also lettuce you can eat as much of that as you want. Add some cranberries or raisins, some nuts, and some meat tuna (no mayo jus salt and pepper) or chicken. Hey add some ground turkey and some salsa! Cottage cheese... and if you need dipping sauces mustard and italian dressing go great wit lots of things. And remember it's ok have a little something sweet during the day cause you'll go crazy trying to keep urself away from it then you'll have those splurges. And it isnt so healthy to cut out all carbs, fat, sugars out of your diet. Hope that helps.