Friends!

Options
Hello! I'm looking for some friends so I have others to keep me motivated and vice-versa to get fit and healthy!

My name is Shannon, I'm 22, I live in Myrtle Beach, and I have two girls ages 3 years and 10 months.
I'm 5'6, 152 pounds and my UGW is 120. Maybe 130 if I feel comfortable enough with myself. I gained 20 pounds after being on the NuvaRing and it made me feel like I was starving no matter what, which caused me to binge eat. After awhile all I ended up binging on were sweets, and other garbage foods so I decided it was time to get off the NuvaRing and start getting back into a healthy body and lifestyle. I want to be a good influence on my girls, and my husband who is a bottomless pit sometimes too.

Right now I'm eating healthy, and doing mostly strength training to build muscle. Once my body is toned enough I will focus more on cardio and high intensity interval training to shed the weight off so I can be on on the beach this summer, ;)

Replies

• CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon,

Welcome - feel free to add me for support.

I have a 2 year and a 4 month old and am just working on losing 30 pounds. Totally understand the binge eating after starving yourself so I've turned to eating small snacks throughout the day. Remembering to also grab a quick breakfast has really helped me control my weight, too!

Good luck to you! We can do this.
  • lilrani
    lilrani Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey :). I have a 3 month and am trying to lose the weight as well. i just cant seem to get the weight to move. its a complete struggle since now i'm trying to lose weight that i gained through college and all. i've got about about 30 lbs to go :(.

i have also been retaining some weight since i started birth control, but i dont know what else to do. i've been loading up on veggies and random veggie smoothies. i can share some great recipes!! :).
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. 23 year old new mother of a 3 month old baby boy. need to lose that baby weight. i weight 156 and my goal weight is also 120 within this year. could use the support and would love to support you in your weight loss journey as well!