LIFE OF A NEW YOU& the one your trying to leave behind...

Options
So, since my change of the lifestyle.. i have given up a lot in order to achieve whats the best... Secret? I have a LOVE.. a really awful LOVE for Cake. It started when i was pregnant. I craved cake every day.. and even after pregnancy... Cravings continued. I didn't realize how bad my relationship was to CAKE until a few days ago. I went to my nieces birthday part. and of course.. there is cake. I told everyone around me about my love of it and how i needed to just stay away from it. I did great. I didn't try to sneak a taste of the luscious frosting or a nibble form my daughter"s plate. But the sad part: I spent the next day thinking about how 1. I over came the craving for it... and 2. how that is all i could think about too.. cake. As if it had taken some power over my thoughts. I can't believe a piece of food could have such horrific power to make me feel weak. Its just CAKE!! I didn't try to go home and eat anything remotely sweet to curb the feeling..i just worked right through it. The success of the story is great.. But the idea of the cake taking over my life scared me. Its a new feeling to know.. that the life i lived before, carelessly eating because my brain justified the want into a NEED is not going to be apart of the me now. HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD SUCH GREAT REVELATIONS ABOUT YOUR CHANGE?