First challenge : Week of Jan 20

Options
meshashesha2012
meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
So I was thinking that for a challenge we could think of one of our favorite take away items and spend some time working on an at home alternative.

Post what your item will be and the recipe you'll try :smile:

I have about a millions favorites, so I need to decide on one..

Replies

• happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I am going to try to make Swedish meatballs à la Ikea. I had planned on making them a little later in the month but I'll move it up in my meal plan to Sunday. :) I think I'm going to try this recipe:
    http://www.deananddiana.com/2012/10/recipe-swedish-meatballs.html

At some point I also want to make my own pizza but that's a little too time intensive for me this week.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I want to make rocky road protein ice cream.
  • juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I like this one. So far this week I made homemade breakfast burritos, individually wrapped them, and stuck them in the freezer for an easy on the go breakfast for the kids. All I have to do is pop them in the microwave to warm and they are good to go. They only ended up costing $0.40 each. So much cheaper this way and I can control what goes in easier. I also made homemade sweet potato fries. Much healthier than fast food french fries! I would love to try a yummy cobb salad at home. I think I'll add that to my meal plan next week.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hope this is ok ... I know it's not really a meal, per se. =)

I attempted to make my own protein bars. This is the link where you can find my information (it was adapted from another person so I quoted them within my response):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/859304-protein-powder-recipes

I would say I give it a 4/10 on a scale of success. They taste ok, but turned out too dry. I'll try again, because I spend a boatload on protein bars. =)