What kind of cats you have....

Options

Replies

• mrshoneydew
    Options
    HelloKathy, I love all the names you've picked for your cats. :)
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi. I grew up with cats as a child but when I left home and married my hubby we had a dog! He died when our eldest was 6 months old but decided not to have any pets and went on to have 3 more kids instead lol. However, 10 months a stray young tabby tom landed on our door and adopted us! My youngest who's 13 fell in love with him and after a little persuasion we took him in! He was really skinny and had quite a few war wounds from fighting with other cats. We thought that he'd maybe been discarded as he was wasn't litter trained but cried to be let outside to do his buisness. He fitted in with us and after lots of ads placed we kept him for ourselves and the kids named him Kit Kat. I got him registered, had him immunised, microchipped and on the vets advice neuted. He died out of the blue a week later :sad: The vet found him by the side of the road on her way into work and contacted us. She said he didn't look like he'd been run over as there wasn't a mark on him. He stayed out all night (unless it was raining! :wink: ) and slept inside all day. We also live near a canal and was always bringing us a rat as a pressie :huh: so we thought that he'd caught something off that. Anyway, he'd only been with us for 9 weeks and I couldn't beleive how much I missed him so I trawled the internet and found an 8 week old female Black with white socks ball of fluff and had to have her!!! :laugh: The kids named her poppisoxs and she stayed that until my youngest said "mum, poppisox has a very tiny pair of acorns :laugh: So she turned out to be a he, who's now named Charlie!!! We all love him to bits but I'm his momma :bigsmile:
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You have a bi-polar cat too aye. My Mandy is so roller coastery with her moods. Just like bi-polar. I just asked my dad the other day if he thinks cats can be manic depressive. She has her highs (good lovey moods) and then her lows (you can't even look at her without her getting ticked). from one extreme to the other. LOL. but I love her, she is my baby.
  • twoday
    twoday Posts: 210
    Options
    I have a seal point ragdoll named Bella & she's amazing, so loyal and loving and calm, she's 2 and can still be quite playful & a bully when she wants to be! She has sky blue eyes and has the softest long fur and she loves water, she even steps in the shower with me! I'm planning to get another ragdoll when I move into my new house later this year :)

& she has a giant booty like me :P

What is a ragdoll?
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What is a ragdoll?

The best kinds of cats :P
    They they biggish floppy cats the go "limp" (like a ragdoll) when you pick them up, They are more like dogs in their personalities, because they love to be around people and love to be held and will follow you around the house. They have blue eyes and long fur with desinct colouring. Generally they are very placid & get along well with other animals. Mine loves water, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
  • twoday
    Options
    Okay now i am going to have to google them
  • twoday
    Options
    OH MY they are cute.. i mean.. man voice yeah they are cute.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OH MY they are cute.. i mean.. man voice yeah they are cute.

Hahahahaha!
  • twoday
    Options
    I can't help it i love animals and cats are my favorite
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats :heart:

A flamepoint ragdoll named Rusty he is 3

A tortie named Kiara is 15

and a ginger girl called Kitty, she is 7
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've got a mixed breed (diluted grey) and a Russian Blue beauty. Both were rescued from a local cat shelter. :)
  • maurakl
    Options
    Ladybug hasn't come home yet. It has been more than two weeks now. We still haven't seen her dead on the side of the road, so I am glad about that. I still have some hope that she may show up some day. Maybe someone took her in and she will sneak out sometime and come home.

I just need to have a cat in the house, so we adopted a new chubby black and white cat. He is a real character and is playful and loving which has been fun. He has been a very good boy so far and we will let him start going outside sometime soon with some supervision, etc. Of course, he loves my husband more than me. This man is a total cat magnet! He used to not like cats, but Ladybug turned him around. He still misses Ladybug, like I do.

Our new cat's name is Bud and I sometimes call him Budderball.
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We have a 12 yr old siamese female and a gray tabby female kitten. Both are rescue cats.
  • Catwoman1037
    Options
    We have a 12 yr old siamese female and a gray tabby female kitten. Both are rescue cats.

Here is a pic of Missi and I will add one later of the older cat. :happy:

33c0f7a6-e6be-46e9-aba8-4a6786b5762b.jpg
  • Catwoman1037
    Options
    And here is Jade

cfdab134-e3c5-413c-a013-43c7a179ca89.jpg
  • maurakl
    Options
    adorable! That looks like my Ladybug :( I sure do miss that girl.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh a cat lovers site. I am owned by 4 cats, all rescues. 2 Ragdolls, Sherlock and Brown Sugar, 1 Turkish Angora, Zeva and White Maine Coon mix, Gandalf. And yes,,,,they are tolerated by my two 21 year old parrots, Rebel and Murphy Brown.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    Two Tabby brothers, Fry and Bender.
    Fry is light orange and Bender is grey.
  • terrifkennedy
    Options
    My husband and I have three outdoor strays that we feed and one 6 year old indoor cat named Vince, a tuxedo long haired neutered stray who came to us already tagged and named. We think his owners moved and forgot to tell him. He is very sweet and mostly affectionate from a short distance away, observing what we do and coming forth for the occasional short petting. He has an interesting habit of coming up to me while I am on the computer and taking his paw and touching me until I give him attention or follow him somewhere like to the empty food bowl.
    Vince is longtime pals with a 6 year old neutered male stray we feed (Grey Smoke) who still lives outside because he couldn't adapt to being indoors..he peed on everything and made frequent escapes and stayed under the bed all the time, terrified. Grey is a neutered male Russian Blue with a very soulful face who loves to lapsit and groom us, is very timid and gets harrassed by White Devil so Vince will sometimes let me know (by mewing or pawing me) that Grey is waiting outside to be fed. He can't eat when White Devil is around so I have to keep an eye out for his visits and guard him while he is eating or he will nearly starve.
    I had to rescue a very undernourished Grey from the pound a few months ago after a long period of him not coming by for food, though he was still in the area. I can't believe Animal Control would remove an animal with a tag and contact info..probably just for the money. We have taken more action to keep White Devil at bay so Grey can eat at least twice a day.
    Grey and Vince had lived in our yard for about 4 years before we officially adopted them after our sweet female main coon, Ma Petite died at 14, after a long, expensive battle with lymphoma.
    White Devil is the all white, long bodied 2 year old male who terrorizes all the other cats (and gets sprayed by the super soaker if he keeps Grey from eating) . He runs incredibly fast, sleeps on the cars and chases the neighbor's dog, raccoons, squirrels, possums. We had to take him to the vet once for a fierce bloody head wound when he tangled with something bigger than he.
    He has the sweetest face that masks his devilry when he is up to no good. It was quite interesting keeping him in the house for 10 days after neutering. He loved to leap up and steal the kitchen sponge and take it someplace to do unspeakable things to it. He also loves our soft couch throw, which he goes all Blue Velvet on, first biting it, then humping it. One would never want to disturb him during this ritual or risk bodily injury.
    Sir Percival Stripey is the youngest and alpha male of the group, and most recent addition. He keeps White Devil in check and though he is small, he wins in most matches between the two. He is incredibly social and vocal, purring almost constantly. Of late he has been getting more particular about how he is being pet, a behavior we are trying to modify by firmly saying "no!" and putting him outside immediately after the clawing or nipping. There he will stay sadly looking in and crying for attention. On his forays indoors, he and Vince seem to have a sort of detante. They will touch noses and sniff behinds, which usually lead to one of them raising a paw at the other, but not fighting. I think they are still working out their relationship, ha.
  • SkinnyMom2014
    SkinnyMom2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got my baby boy on Sunday and Taz turned 2 months on Tuesday. I love him so much he makes me so happy we also have 2 ferrets and they all get along so good its so funny watching them running around and playing together.