I Love Crocheting!

Options
Great idea for a group! I love to crochet everything from sweaters to Afgans! I think my favorote is an Aryan I make that resembles Irish knit.I get bored easily and this has a lot of different stitches so it keeps me interested.Other times I have 2 projects going at once!

Replies

• grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    im new to the crocheting/ knitting scene, but i do enjoy it, i've done four granny square afghans and quite a few dish towels. As for knitting ive done the very basic stiches of knit and pearl i've done a few knit hats to donate at church.
  • marcylorenz
    Options
    Fun! I love both knitting and crochet. I've been knitting for a long time, but over the past couple years I've been getting into crochet. I've been teaching myself via YouTube videos, and it is so fast compared to knitting! I've mostly crocheted hats and toys for my daughter and nieces and nephews. I'd love to make a bigger project soon though!
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for making this group!

I 've been knitting almost 4yrs now and im totally hooked. I tried crochet first but it didnt really stick with me. I like instant knits so baby clothing is great (lucky for me i know of 2 mum-to-be's so thats kept me busy), but i have knitted my own jumper and cardis.
    I also have a lace shawl thats been on the needles for about 3yrs (meant to have been a 25th wedding anniversary present for my mum!).. very difficult and pain stakingly slow pattern, its hard to get the motivation to do much but i keep in my view to try encourage me.... its not working ahah
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, this sounds like a fun group :)

I have been crocheting since I was about 10 years old. I do basic stitches (mostly because I'm left handed and to learn new stitches when its created for a right handed person is hard lol).

My current project is to have an afghan crocheted for all family members for next Christmas. I have one done already and am working on the 2nd :)
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been crocheting for many years now - currently working on wrapping up the 7(!!!) WIPs I have. One of my goals for 2013 is to not have so many projects going at a time!
  • Lyndsfairne
    Options
    Hi all! I have been crocheting for just over a year now, and am teaching myself how to knit {via YouTube vids} and I LOVE both! I have crocheted a few hats a bunch of fingerless gloves. I am working on a scarf for my first knitting project {think I am gonna have to restart ... it's been on those needles for over half a year and I don't really remember what I am doing!! lol} Having recently become the owner of a small alpaca farm, I have also started processing fiber and spinning and hand-dyeing my own yarn. I am in the baby stages of this but I already love it!
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love crocheting and find it a great weight loss tool, as it keeps my hands busy all night LOL
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm new to crochet but love it. So far I've made a scarf and a pair of handwarmers. My next big project is to make a rug for our cat!
  • marcylorenz
    Options
    I love crocheting and find it a great weight loss tool, as it keeps my hands busy all night LOL

I never thought about it that way, but very true! :)
  • Mystismom
    Options
    I learn better by reading instructions, but some people do better having someone show them how to do things.I have taught several left handed people to crochet by sitting ACROSS from them -this way the stitches are reversed and look correct to the left handed person! Maybe you have a friend who crocheted and could help you? Good luck! Another thought -you might check the Internet for left handed teaching videos.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to crochet from a great book called The Happy Hooker. I highly recommend it.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I learn better by reading instructions, but some people do better having someone show them how to do things.I have taught several left handed people to crochet by sitting ACROSS from them -this way the stitches are reversed and look correct to the left handed person! Maybe you have a friend who crocheted and could help you? Good luck! Another thought -you might check the Internet for left handed teaching videos.

This is a great idea! Thanks :-)
  • nasansotta
    nasansotta Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started crocheting when I was young doing doilies - but now with all this wonderful yarns now I do sweaters, shawl and baby items :)