knitting

Options
Going on a field trip to-day with my buddy to explore a wool store. However I want to seek out sources for inexpensive natural wool. I will have to glue my credit card to my wallet - this place sounds expensive!!! Hoping others will share tips and tricks - currently making and selling babies' bear hats and slippers.

Replies

• PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    that sounds great, much better going to an actual wool shop rather than ordering on the net. I want to go round all the wool shops in london soon when i have saved up some money. I'm hoping to open an etsy shop in the next couple of wks starting off with baby socks/hats/jumpers so I will need to invest in some beautiful wool soon.

Plus the baby-boom has started way earlier this yr than previous yrs!

Hope you have fun today!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I just learned how to knit beads in the other night. The group had a small work shop for the meeting. Not as hard as I thought it would be.

Started knitting a blanket so we'll see how this goes :D

I learned to knit after I broke my ankle three years ago. Nothing better to do and I couldn't move. Now I know how to knit scarves, wash clothes, towel toppers, fairisle, socks, hats, mittens, blankets, using cable needles, provisional cast on, plus three different types of cast on, next on the list is a shirt :D

currently on needles is a bag. need to finish that. the bag is about three quarters done though. It's getting there.

Scary I learned a lot in three years just by hanging around a group of more experianced knitters.
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love knitting classes! I no longer live at home so its one thing both my mom and I do every Wednesday. Today I'm going to be working on some fingerless mittens and a simple seed stitch cowl. I always want to start new projects though, even after a year, I am still a newbie and the slowest of the bunch :)
  • nasansotta
    nasansotta Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to shop at small knitting stores because when you need help they always their for you and plus the yarn they carry is all natural fibers. I do both knitting and crocheting - working on a few projects at a time.