New-ish to MFP and this group, looking for friends! :)

Options
I posted this in a different group, but I figured I'd try all different groups too :)

I'm looking for some friends so I have others to keep me motivated and vice-versa to get fit and healthy!

My name is Shannon, I'm 22, I live in Myrtle Beach, and I have two girls ages 3 years and 10 months.
I'm 5'6, 152 pounds and my UGW is 120. Maybe 130 if I feel comfortable enough with myself. I gained 20 pounds after being on the NuvaRing and it made me feel like I was starving no matter what, which caused me to binge eat. After awhile all I ended up binging on were sweets, and other garbage foods so I decided it was time to get off the NuvaRing and start getting back into a healthy body and lifestyle. I want to be a good influence on my girls, and my husband who is a bottomless pit sometimes too.

Right now I'm eating healthy, and doing mostly strength training to build muscle. Once my body is toned enough I will focus more on cardio and high intensity interval training to shed the weight off so I can be on on the beach this summer, ;)

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Well, I have more to lose than 20, that's for sure, but you're welcome to add me. I'm from SC too, near Columbia.
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am stuck trying to lose that last 15 so feel free to add me!