Victory Over Temptation (i.e. Chocolate Chip Cookie)

Options
LioshaM
LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
Last night, I experienced one of the hardest battles against the flesh. I had some cookies in the fridge and oh they were calling my name. I couldn't concentrate it would seem until I placed that cookie in the microwave and warmed it up and ate it with some cold milk. I even felt an anxiousness towards getting my kids to bed, so I can have a cookie. WOW... it was a serious battle. Why couldn't I bring those thoughts captive?

How did I get the victory? I looked at that cookie and realized I wanted God more. Now during this fast I have subcumbed to temptation during my son's birthday celebration, but I didn't feel condemned or even convicted as if I'd sinned. However, I was not going to indulge the flesh just because I didn't experience any convictions. Either way, I threw on some worship music, turned the lights off and the fireplace on and drew nigh to the Lord. Prayed right through the temptation...

My revelation... There is nothing good in the flesh. It want what it wants when it wants it. It will scream, holla and battle you until you give it what it wants. But we are victorious over it.

When temptation comes to veer off the fast realize it's the flesh and it must be subjected to the power of Christ.