Can't get stores to carry Rosemary baguette/rolls

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
One of my fave brands of rolls, Against the Grain, makes a Rosemary Baguette and a Rosemary Roll. I requested that the stores near me get those flavors in. Even though they carry the other Against the Grain products, they won't bring these in because they have "artificial flavors" added. Frustrating. I eat gluten free because of my allergies, but I'm not a total "clean eating" dedicated person. I want to get these rolls. Grrrrr. Anyone else run into this? The store manager said they won't carry "dirty" products even on special order request. *sigh*

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Really? That sucks. I've wondered why I haven't seen those. I only saw them once in one of my stores and then they vanished. Hmm.

Monica
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    I just looked it up and boy are they wrong! Here's the list of ingredients:

Tapioca starch, milk, eggs, mozzarella cheese, canola oil, salt, rosemary.

No where in there are they saying flavoring! It says Rosemary! They are definitely lying through their teeth. I'd print off the sheet and go in and show them and ask if they can order you a case just for yourself. You'll have to pay more upfront but they definitely are giving you bad information.

Monica

P.S. Here's the link: http://www.againstthegraingourmet.com/ingredients/product-ingredients-and-nutritionals/
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can you order it online from the company?
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll trade ya Rosemary baguette for ryeless rye bread :wink:
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'll trade ya Rosemary baguette for ryeless rye bread :wink:

Have you actually got them up there?
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    One of my fave brands of rolls, Against the Grain, makes a Rosemary Baguette and a Rosemary Roll. I requested that the stores near me get those flavors in. Even though they carry the other Against the Grain products, they won't bring these in because they have "artificial flavors" added.

"Artificial Flavors" are typically the enemy, but as the previous poster pointed it out, it doesn't list it in the ingredients.

I just wanted to post and say you made me drool. GAWD what I would do for a rosemary baguette right now. I better log off. This could get ugly. LOL :)
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    One of my fave brands of rolls, Against the Grain, makes a Rosemary Baguette and a Rosemary Roll. I requested that the stores near me get those flavors in. Even though they carry the other Against the Grain products, they won't bring these in because they have "artificial flavors" added.
    "Artificial Flavors" are typically the enemy, but as the previous poster pointed it out, it doesn't list it in the ingredients.

I just wanted to post and say you made me drool. GAWD what I would do for a rosemary baguette right now. I better log off. This could get ugly. LOL :)

I had them down here - boy are they good!! The rosemary flavor is perfect.

I'm actually going to have to request them though. They carried them for a short bit then stopped. My store is good about ordering them though I may have to ask for a larger quantity. I'll have to ask why they haven't had them. I wish I could ship them just not sure how long it would take and would probably be expensive considering it would have to be like overnight.

You should do the search - call all the stores - find one willing to order them and go get a case load and just replace them every few months.

Monica
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Doberdawn - Yes! :love:

One store carries the Rosemary Rolls and the other store I will check to see if they have it in the baguette