X-posted on the RunKeto FB page

Options
zoom2
zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
I have a question for you guys. I've been back on a low-carb/keto diet (generally 20-30 net carbs/day) since the first of the year (well, I technically started on 12/3, but took a few days off during Christmas and NYE to partake in eating all the crap that was so plentiful). I've also reincorporated running and indoor cycling back into my routine after a forced break due to a fractured wrist while mountain biking in late Nov. My ortho wouldn't let me do ANYTHING while I was in my long-arm cast.

Here's my issue. I'm back to running 3-4 miles/run. I feel great for about the first mile, but between mile 1 and 2 and sometimes even longer I feel really queasy. I'm suspecting that maybe I simply need to up my overall calories. I've been sticking to 1300-1400 net calories, most days. Aside from my workouts I'm fairly inactive.

I'm training for a half marathon in <12 weeks. I've done HMs and fulls before, but never on LOW carbs or while attempting to shed some weight, so I'm in sort of uncharted territory, for me.

Thoughts? When I search the net for information re: nausea and exercise while low-carbing most of what I find are articles stating that runners MUST eat high carb and/or that low-carbing is toxic...yeah, whatevs.