New to the group, check in here

Options

Replies

• jerridavis2
    Options
    Hi... I turned 40 in March. I had success with MFP and lost almost 40 lbs 4 years ago. But, here I am diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic and having gained back all the weight plus 5 lbs. I am upset and scared. The ironic thing is I love all things fresh, healthy, and plant based. My family - hubby, dad, and sister - do not. So I end up cooking for them and not myself.

I am looking for "friends" to share this journey. I have no children, but take care of everyone else except me. It's time to live life for me. Will you join me?

Thanks!
  • wendydaly1
    wendydaly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Am new to the group. 40+. And looking for chat and mutual support. All my friends and family are stick thin , so no help or understanding there! Doing mfp for just over 3 months. 2 stone lost but at least 4 more to go. Am joining because am having another one of those bad days. Not even 3pm and eaten nearly all my calories for the day and no motivation to do anything! Help!
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43. I'm a wife (married 12 years, together 20) and a mom (ages 9 & 6). I've done MFP a few times and lost some weight but it hasn't been consistent and I always gained it back plus. I've been overweight since I was a teen. When my 6 year old asked me last week to lose weight, something clicked. I know it won't be easy to lose over 140 pounds but I know that I can do it this time when I am disciplined. Feel free to friend me so we can encourage each other on our journeys.
  • jkbarrack
    jkbarrack Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group. I am 42 and a mom to an 11 year old boy. I used to be a very active city truck driver. Unfortunately I injured my arm and now have a desk job. I gained about 30lb and although I have tried to get back into shape on my own I have not had any success. So here I am...

Please feel free to friend me, I'm sure I will need some motivation and would be happy to help motivate.
  • LoobylouL
    LoobylouL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 year old mum to 2 children. I have been on a diet since the age of 10 and have been every size from a 10 to a 24. I thought I had won the battle 3 years ago when I managed to diet (Dukan) to a size 12 and was determined I would never return to the overweight BMI. However, Life is full of surprises and I was diagnosed with depression and then I started gaining weight with the medication and illness. My current medication regime is well known for weight gain but it keeps me well, despite the 3 stone weight gain, I want to stay on it. My consultant has prescribed metformin to help, even though I'm not diabetic. I haven't noticed any results 3 weeks in.

I am convinced I have ruined my metabolism with my yoyo dieting over the years. I can no longer fast, low carb, dukan because it would be dangerous with my medication. I think hormones may be causing some issues too.

Any advice on how to lose weight without starving yourself would be welcomed!
  • mhockfeld
    mhockfeld Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all. Just getting started on MFP. Those who consistently track are more successful by being more conscious of their actions. Looking forward to getting started. Got a goal to loose the weight, be making healthy choices and still maintaining when I turn 50 about year and a half from now.
  • mhockfeld
    mhockfeld Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with you. Turning 49 in August, don't want to reach 50 and still be concerned about loosing weight and feeling good. Time to stop waiting for tomorrow and just do it. (-:
  • omari2013
    omari2013 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there, I am back for second go around again. I agree with you and the excuses don't work which is why we are all here. Lots of luck to you and everyone and if I can just remember breakfast, I think I can lose the weight and stay on track.
  • DbleBlessed
    DbleBlessed Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I turned 44 in May and never thought in a million years that I would be at this weight. I am 10lbs lighter today than I was on my birthday, so I would say I am off to a good start of reaching 40 and fabulous. I am a wife and mother of two beautiful girls, 8 & 9. I work outside the home. I want to lose weight for me, but I want to make healthy choices for my girls. I don't want them struggling with weight at anytime in their life and I know it starts with me. I am hoping by joining this group I will stay motivated to keep going. My biggest downfall is not seeing the scale move. I then get discouraged and sabotage myself, which brings on depression and before I know I am stuck in this horrible circle. Which is why I chose the image I did for my profile picture. To remind me that even though I don't see the change it is taking place. I am determined to be 40 and Fabulous. Followed by 50 and Fierce. smile: :smile:
  • MissD73x
    MissD73x Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Dawn and turned 41 last month. I live in Hampshire and Joined MFP with my partner Adrian on 1st January as we were both feeling uncomfortable with the weight that had crept on. Adrian hit his 5 stone weight loss target at the weekend. I need a bit of a push to get my last stone off now :) Dx
  • ItsRobyn66
    ItsRobyn66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robyn and I am 47 years old (will turn 48 in 3 months). I live in California, have been married for 20 years, and have two children (17 and 10). I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 10 years. I started working part-time from home a month ago as a medical transcriptionist and I love it!

I never had an issue with my weight until after the birth of my first baby. I lost 15 lbs on WW and maintained the weight loss for about 7 years but since baby #2 . . .bad eating habits, easy access to food all day long, age, and a slowing metabolism (not to mention a lack of exercise) have caused the pounds to creep back on.

I would like to lose 20 lbs total and am hoping to find the support I need here on MFP because I'm tired of not feeling as fit and cute as I want to be.
  • CarrieAnneK42
    CarrieAnneK42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Carrie, I'm 42 and still feel 25 on most days! Since my second baby and treatment for thyroid cancer four years ago, I've held on to weight and have had problems with binge eating in the afternoons. Ugh! I've acquired some horrible habits and it's time for them to go! It's time to make it happen. My looks don't match my personality and attitude; I'm excited to get back to the 'old' me who can wear anything and can bend over without feeling a roll :) I work part-time in marketing, have two daughters (4 & 6) and a great husband who adores me however I am. I like yoga, hiking, walks, and with some weight loss I'll be able to run again, hopefully...I've had a lot of knee pain, which blows! I have 20 lbs to lose, but wouldn't mind 22-23 lbs total. I'm happy to give support and be a friend to you through this. We can do it!!
  • melanie9674
    melanie9674 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melanie. I am 42 and need to lose a lot of weight. I am looking for support . looking forward to getting healthier.
  • kimsinrud
    kimsinrud Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim here. New to my fitnesspal and liking it so far. I'm 48 and would like to lose 40ish pounds. I've started with a first goal of 10 lbs. I'd love to get to a point in my life where my main focus isn't weight!! I have a health coach who won't let me weigh myself for a month....she wants me to focus on how I feel not how much I weigh. Would love to meet other women who are trying to loose weight too! I had a hysterectomy 10 weeks ago and have a desk job, I like to be active but I also like to have a few cocktails on the weekends.
  • pinkinklove
    pinkinklove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Erika and I am new to the group!!! Hi ????
    At 42 (at least for 2 more weeks) I am making my health
    and fitness a priority. I know myself and recognize that
    without mutual accountability I won't make it, so here
    I am!!! Please feel free to add me and we will
    meet our goals together. Thank you in advance
    for sharing your highs, lows and the in-between????
  • evamytoo
    evamytoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just joined the group. I am 44 and am the most out of shape and the most heavy I have ever been. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and strength/endurance train. I have tried WW and just can't seem to lose any weight with that program. I do better when I can log my food and see exact numbers...the calories, fat, etc that I can do on this website. I am also hoping to find help and accountability here. I have an exercise program that I am planning on following on www.dailyburn.com and I have a fitbit one that I absolutely love!
  • alyssasphone
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm new to MFP and this group. I'm 42 (I turn 43 next moth but for now I am entitled to still call myself 42! hehe), I have 2 girls, one is 19 the other 21. I've been married 24 years and I am desperate to get healthy and get all this unnecessary weight gone. I also have Hashimoto's Disease so I have a real challenge. It's a hypo-thyroid condition so losing weight is a pain in the behind.

Everyone looking for support, please do add me as a friend, I log daily!
  • aemery10
    aemery10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Anne, I am 46, a wife of 23 years to my best friend, and mom to two wonderful young men. I have always struggled with my weight and have done WW many times. I have struggled with migraines and daily headaches for years. I have found following a low carb/low-to-no sugar diet to be the best for me and helping to feel my best. I am currently at 261 lbs, one of my heaviest weights ever. I actually topped out at 275, so MFP is definitely helping. I am looking for a supportive group to replace what I have experienced with WW mtgs. Also I have done First Place 4 Health and love the fact that it addresses all areas of health!
  • jammer2net
    jammer2net Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi! Im jammer2net, 40 and smack dab in the middle of the big nasty menopause! lol
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hello to all our new members! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm pretty active on MFP. I just turned 50 and really struggling to find what works for me. I'm definitely in Menopause but not sure exactly where. I have periods but they are now about every 6 to 8 weeks and when they hit they are usually with a vengeance! I'm hitting it hard on Monday and doing IIFYM eating plan because I have not had good luck with just following counting calories. Incorporating a good lifting program to go along with my walk/jogging program also.