What R Your DAILY Tips for Food & Exercise?

Options
Someone else suggested this topic so I will just go ahead and begin. If it ends up being great we can co-publish a book on Amazon and become rich!

Tip #1, Th Jan 17th, 9:26 pm

Tonight I was concerned about over eating at dinner. I made a large cup of very hot, green tea + a little stevia sweetener to have while I was waiting.

Dawn

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just basically try to eat generally healthy. Not too much of anything. Try to keep things simple, because life is complicated enough. I try to cut back on sweet stuff, but that's difficult for me, cos I've got a very sweet tooth - it's hard to resist fruit and sweets!!
    I'm a teacher, so have quite an active lifestyle, moving around a lot at school, coaching sport, etc. And then, grooming and caring for my own horses is hard work every day!! If I add some riding to the equation, I think I've got it covered.
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Tip of the day for Friday.

Do not get too hungry as that leads to over eating for me. I need to carry an apple or something.
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Monday Jan. 21, 2013.

TIPS On Dealing with unhealthy food and unhealthy situations

When I am stressed by the sight of food at home, I either put it where I won't see it or ask My H to put it away, some place. It is just the two of us now.

If I am at a restaurant,
    A. I can take the food, extra food, unhealthy food home for either me or Annie, I ask for a doggie bag right away. Divide it and put the box on a chair or with Drew. Truly out of sight out of mind.

B. If it is something I do not want to take home because I KNOW I will eat it in the car!!! I either offer it to someone else at the table, or pour salt and pepper on it, enough to cover it! My friends are used to my Coping Mechanisms!

Parties
    I am at a place now that honestly, I can not be at a party with unhealthy food. I have tried eating a full meal but my radar locates and devours crap. For today I skip most of the very few gatherings I am expected to attend. I have managed to wiggle out of T- giving and Xmas too! And no I don't miss family time. I still allow some family to push old buttons, if you know what I mean. my parents are 20 min away.

My brother and his two kids drove 3 hrs to Mom and Dads house this holiday season: Have A Plan is My Tip.

Well I couldn't skip that and I like seeing my brother, especially since he has just completed a nasty divorce. I packed a filling salad and bottle of water. Arrived at eating time and just slipped into a seat. H and I drove separately so I could leave when I wanted. (That feeling of freedome is great)

During the challenging gift opening time....my mother buys gag gifts ??? And the one good gift she tells you were she got it, the cost, how difficult it was to get....(Aren't you glad you didn't chose my family?) Well any way I sat by my brother and we caught up so I didnt watch my mom and the two teenage kids, who of course did not want to be there on 1-1-2013.