Meeting new people

Options
DetroitDarin
DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
Ugh. I hate this - meeting dates or potential dates or even woman I find attractive. Am a total geek. I fumble and stumble my words. Feels like 8th grade again. And what makes it worse - when they go in for a handshake and I go in for an open-mouth kiss.

Hints for newly-emerging single guys, about 40, who haven't hardly even SPOKEN with a woman without having to give my credit card number?

:)

Replies

• SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Darin Darin Darin...

I don't think you give yourself enough credit.
    The first time we had the opportunity to meet, you did just fine.
    I could tell you were nervous, but you were enjoyable company.
    And now look at us! We are great friends and you are still very much enjoyable company!
    You're attractive, kind, attentive, HILARIOUS (women love to laugh), an amazing father, and an all around great guy.
    What you need is confidence in yourself sweetie! I have a feeling women will flock, but you have to have confidence.
    It will all come in time. We all see you are amazing, you just need to see it yourself!!!

Hug and kisses
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Well, there you go Darin. It looks to me like Smex Appeal has you pegged. I'd go for her and forget the hell about the rest! ;-)
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    Well, there you go Darin. It looks to me like Smex Appeal has you pegged. I'd go for her and forget the hell about the rest! ;-)

He says he's too old for me :noway:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Darin...if you don't take her...can I have her? Maybe we can do a time share type thing.
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That was foolish of him to say that. I have no sympathy for a man that passed you by!!

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate this - meeting dates or potential dates or even woman I find attractive. Am a total geek. I fumble and stumble my words. Feels like 8th grade again. And what makes it worse - when they go in for a handshake and I go in for an open-mouth kiss.

Hints for newly-emerging single guys, about 40, who haven't hardly even SPOKEN with a woman without having to give my credit card number?

I think we all feel awkward at first, whether newly single or not. But, practice, practice, practice... Find opportunities to talk with strangers, whether in the checkout line, at a social function or at work. It doesn't have to be someone you're interested in, just getting used to talking with new people can help build your confidence.

As for the rest, it's kind of cute... just let it happen how it happens and don't let it be a stumbling block. From the sounds of Smexappeal's advice, you're a funny guy. Use that to your advantage in these situations.

Good luck!! :)
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Thank you, folks.

Okay, RITM...will start right now...

"How YOU doin'?"

I talk to people very easily. However, women I find attractive tend to send me into fumble/stumble mode. I have a breakfast date with Smex in a couple days...maybe I'll get her to help me out - not point and laugh while I chat-her-up? :)
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Darin's got it rough. Post thread claiming meeting women is hard, attractive woman sings his praises, sets up date with attractive woman.

I don't know what I'd do if I had life so rough! haha
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Ha! Breakfast "date" was set a few days ago. More of a group thing - but yes, looking forward to it
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A win is a win, my friend!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! Good luck! I think you'll do just fine. :)
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    so - have decided to stop worrying about it; Will just let it happen however it does, or doesn't. Make sense? :)
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    Oh and what made you decide to quit worrying Darin?? Lol...
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Oh and what made you decide to quit worrying Darin?? Lol...

tired of the added stress. :-)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Glad to hear guys can also feel this way!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    resurrecting the thread to ask how the breakfast date went ;)
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    We want details!!!