P90x

Options
lang111
lang111 Posts: 22 Member
Just stared p90x this week. Anyone else?

Replies

• lang111
    Options
    I have completed Insanity and Asylum. Definitely a different style of workout, wasn't sure if I liked it at first but it is growing on me. When I did the Insanity programs I had good results but I didn't follow any kind of diet. While doing p90x I'm going to try to follow the nutrition plan. I just have those last 5lbs to lose. But boy are they tough.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I started the P90X lean on Sunday! I've done phase one once before but then broke off for a month for the holidays so restarted again.
  • lang111
    Options
    Holidays are so hard to find the time to workout let alone eat right. Is the lean program also 90 days? I last year started a hybrid workout of insanity and p90x but summer came and we were traveling a lot. Needless to say I got off track and just pretty ran or biked or did nothing though out the summer. I'm determined to see this one though this time!
  • YcatsFursworth
    Options
    it was the traveling that made it hard.. going to see family and the extra shifts at work....

yeah it's a 90 day program. I can't wait to see my results at the end!

you can do it! what was your start day?
  • aynit
    aynit Posts: 43
    Options
    I did the chest and back, and ab ripper x today just to see if I'm going to do the p90x whole programme.

I loved it - and def going to do it.

I just wanted to sort out the diet and supplements. Looks like I will start it properly next week.

I already take a range of multivitamins, but need to add a recovery drink, protein shake and some protein bars.

My diet has been transformed since I've been using MFP, and I may go along with this - from what I can see, I need to make sure to split protein, carbs and fat 40/40/20 and keep the overall calories in check!

I think that should do it and then I'm good to go.....
  • lang111
    Options
    I started on Monday but missed Tuesday I had to take my Dad to physical therapy as he had a stroke over thanksgiving. I don't like to miss a day, when I completed insanity I was able to stay on the schedule as scheduled for the entire 2 months. I just pushed everything one day out. I did Tuesday's workout on Wednesday. keeping up with the workouts is not usually a problem for me. I really enjoy eating and my husband and I like to visit different breweries. That being said I'm putting a lot of focus on the nutrition plan. See if I can get these last 5 lbs to hit the road for good.
  • lang111
    Options
    What brand of recovery and protein drink are you planning to use. I have been using the EAS whey protein chocolate. It has 23 g protein and 3 carbs. So far I like it. I don't drink it everyday though.
  • YcatsFursworth
    Options
    we are using promax recovery right now but I think we are gonna change when we next buy
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Beach body makes an incredible recovery drink!
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    Hey lang! Today is my Day ONE!!! :)
  • dincoka
    dincoka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started On saturday. Today was day 2 for me . . . plyo!
  • lang111
    Options
    Good for you taking that step and getting with the program. So what do you think so far?
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Im on week 7 of p90X.
  • Starbuck84
    Options
    I just ordered it last night and can't wait to get started!
  • heather_c_73
    heather_c_73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X for the second time. I just thought really hard about when it was that I did it the first time...In was in October... of 2010!! WOW! I totally suck! I started typing why I stopped, but it all comes down to the wrong shoes and plantar fasciitis for 2011 and a good dose of laziness for 2012.

Today, I am on Day 3. I started on Monday with Kenpo so that Yoga is on Saturday. Mornings I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, and after work I get going with Tony. I'm committed to 90 days. I know these first three weeks are gonna kick my butt, but I just gotta keep pushing play!
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Congrads. You can do it!!! Keep pushing!!
  • Cuhejo300
    Options
    Love P90x, coming up on week 3. This is the second time Im doing it, got some great results.
  • lang111
    Options
    Nice! Do you follow the 50/30/20 nutrition plan?
  • allesmom
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of P90x. I love it...I am determined to finish it through to the end. I've found some aspects challenging (yoga, ab ripper) but challenging is good!!! I did the classic version even though my primary goal is weight loss. One site I read recommended doing the classic even for weight loss. I was never big into lifting weights mostly because I would feel insecure at the gym in front of all the "experts" there. I love being at home and being able to work hard to the point where it burns. I look forward to seeing if I get stronger. Hopefully so! (Leaner would be nice as well)
  • TheBeardedGentleman
    Options
    I plan to start P90x in the next few days and have a few quick questions. Do you guys owrk out in the morning or in the evening after work? Do you eat before or after your work out? Just looking for some quick tips to start on track.