Just looking to purchase a Wii

Options
1stday13
1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
Hi, I am Lorii
I am fairly new on MFP. I hate to exercise!!!!! Everyone saws "find something you enjoy" Huh?? I have tried everything. Only think I like are weights & and such @ the gym. Can;t afford that anymore. Anyway i m thinking maybe Wii will help motivate me & be fun. Saw this group & had the "ahh ahh" moment. Would love some Ideas and experiences from others.:happy: It looks like the group is semi active. I hope it picks back up :wink: Maybe some new bloods will help pick it back up :flowerforyou: Like I said i don't even have my Wii yet, I am looking on Ebay , trying to find something I can afford. Any suggestions, I would appreciate. I will be checking in here To keep up with ya'll :drinker:

Replies

• ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori & Welcome to the Group :smile:

I have a Wii & love it! I do mostly the Sports on it (Tennis & Bowling) & add in extra movements to get a real good work-out, by the time I'm finished playing I'm sweating?! :laugh: It's all about what you put into it that makes the difference. Good Luck.

Sue :wink:
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi lori im sarah im 34 im from england i hope this groups comes active too. I am like you i never was able to find anything i enjoy then got a wii fit and had first never used it but been since january the first have been using it 5 times a week for 30 mins each time and im loving it feel free to add me as a friend
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ebay my niece got one for $80
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm picking up a wii fit later today, which has been kindly gifted by a friend. Hope I like it because I can't afford a gym membership and I need to lose weight because I'm borderline diabetic and have high cholesterol. Big life changes are happening and, hopefully, wii fit will be a big and enjoyable (?) part of it.
  • sebdesouza
    sebdesouza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori,
    I’m Seb from the UK. I’m also new to MFP, but an old hand on the wii, lol. I think the wii is a great tool to get the heart rate going and burning calories. There are lots of different games to keep you interested, motivated and having fun. I try and play a different game every day, just to mix it up a bit and keep my body doing different things. Have you managed to pick a wii up yet? If so what do you think so far?
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've picked up my wii and been using it for a couple of days and I LOVE it. It's great fun, especially as I'm doing it along with my 10 year old son. Even in 3 days I've noticed a change and an improvement in wii fit age.
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Hi Lori. keep up the good work on the Wii. Working out (or playing as it is called on the wii) with someone else is way more fun than trying it alone. Not sure what games you have, but if you two controllers and two numchuks, the two person boxing game is a Great workout. Just make sure you stand far enough apart. Anyway, try different things and then think about posting an April challenge on the board. The running one is a bit too much for me. Tried it last night and my knees hurt all night long. Good luck on getting healthy.

Pam