We're having a .....

vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
Boy! Our third son!

I also talked to the doctor today about the chances that I could have a VBAC since my first 2 were c-sections. He said we could try under some very strict parameters, that I am comfortable with. Since I have never had a labor that progressed, he is giving me a 15-30% chance of VBAC, which, according to my research is very reasonable. One thing that makes him a bit more comfortable with this is the fact that I could walk to the hospital in about 10 minutes, forget about the 2 minute drive, so I can be very closely monitored!

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Boy! Our third son!

I also talked to the doctor today about the chances that I could have a VBAC since my first 2 were c-sections. He said we could try under some very strict parameters, that I am comfortable with. Since I have never had a labor that progressed, he is giving me a 15-30% chance of VBAC, which, according to my research is very reasonable. One thing that makes him a bit more comfortable with this is the fact that I could walk to the hospital in about 10 minutes, forget about the 2 minute drive, so I can be very closely monitored!

Yay on both counts!!!
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    That's great news- Congrats!
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Congrats!!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Awww ... CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting! We're expecting our 2nd son in early May (after 11+ yrs of trying)! Do you have any names picked out?

Also, best of luck with your VBAC. I hope all works out! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a VBAC myself this time. I'm hoping the 65+ I'd lost since having my first son will make a difference when it comes to labor this time!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Congrats my friend! We will both have boys and both be supermodels afterwards.... yes, we have a lot in common :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    *happy dance for boys!!!*