what do you do for a major sweet tooth??

Options
like a cake or cookie i see so man recipes for low carbs i would normally do once in a while on a reg low carb diet.. any suggestions??? or just forget them lol

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sigh! I here you!!! Today I was wanting chocolate.... really bad. I guess it is a good thing I forgot about my chocolate covered espresso beans.. LOL!

My fave, easy sweet tooth treat is a chocolate covered strawberry. Oh wait. That's wrong. A Chocolate/strawberry protein shake. LOL. That's actually what I'm having right now.

Another awesome HC sweet snack is a two-parter. First you make a batch of homemade applesauce. I think I posted the recipe for this already... but if you have a hard time finding it, let me know. I make the applesauce sweet w/ splenda, and add cinnamon. My recipe takes 12 apples, and makes about 10 cups of applesauce.. Anyhoo, scoop 2/3 c applesauce into a bowl and warm it in the microwave. Add 1c of greek yogurt. Stir. Tastes similar to apple pie a'la mode... w/ out the crust! Yummy!

Low carb days are much tougher... but for a sweet tooth I'll make a peanut butter chocolate shake. That usually puts the craving to bed.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    The protein shakes are definately a good way to get thru that sweet craving!!! Depending on your HC/LC day - so many options!!! HC days - fruit & protein. Havent tried it yet, but my step daughter made a vanilla protein shake with bananas & pineapple. Can't wait to try that. But you could also use any kind of berries. I bet apples & cinnamon to vanilla would be yummy. Someone recently had a post about Protein shakes & said they added a spoonful of sugar free instant pudding to their shakes - makes it sweet & creamy. I imagine you could also use sugar free jello mix. Not sure how that fits with CTL, but so many flavor options there!!! I love the choc/PB shakes on low carb days & recently tried it with vanilla protien, it was delicious!!!! Better than the choc. Another favorite I've been drinking in the morning - Chocolate OR Vanilla Protein, 1/2 C almond milk & 1 C cold coffee. OMG!!! So delicious!!! Like a Mocha Shake. I like to make it at night & let it get cold in the fridge overnight. Mmmmm.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I was just thinking......I bet that Mocha shake would be delicious warmed up in the microwave too!!!!! Wow....I think I'm on to something. Maybe I should get some decaf so I can enjoy that at other times during the day.....Wow!! Another brain storm - One of my favorite guilty deserts is Mocha icecream. I bet I could freeze that Mocha Shake!!!!!!!!
  • Blingslinger
    Blingslinger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found these bad boys on another board, so I can't take credit for the recipe. I freeze them and when I have a major sweet craving (which happens less and less the more I do CTL ;) I eat one of these. Enjoy!

Low Carb Ice Cream Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup

Serving Size: 24
    Ingredients:
    1 package sugar free chocolate instant pudding
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup ice water
    2 Tablespoons peanut butter

Fill mini muffin tins with small paper liners. Mix the pudding mix, heavy cream and ice water. Fill cups ½ full and then add ¼ tsp peanut butter. Top with remaining pudding mix. Freeze until solid and then store in a Ziplock bag. Makes 24.

Serving Size: 1 Peanut Butter Cup
    Calories/Serving: 29
    Carbs / Serving: 2
    Fat / Serving: 2
    Protein: 1
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The shake I made the other day was dessert like and yum!

1 scoop muscle tech cookies and cream shake ( Walmart)
    3/4 c cooked oatmeal
    1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

I also bet you could put cocoa powder in plain greek yogurt with a dash of vanilla and a bit of sweetener.
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!! ALL OF YOU ARE SOO AWESOME!! :) thanks so much.... i wil try them ALL haha ofcourse not all at the same time and according to which day iam on 8)... i have a long full year to year and a half on this diet- no wait - change of lifestyle:)

iam recently single so iam with my friends all the time whom eat out ALL the time this has been the struggle i deal with i always eat before i got out.. and do my best :) iam getting the hang of things and so happy i found you guys for support :)
  • WIChelle
    Options
    I have been being a dud and only going out on Saturday. Tomorrow we will be going to a roller derby double header and I know i will be drinking one or two. yeah FUNDAY!!!! Eating before you go sounds like a good option!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    I forgot something totally yummy!

The low fat granola mixed into unsweetened greek yogurt is very awesome!!!! Just mix a little sweetner in if you don't like the tartness of greek yogurt. Granola is such a treat after trying a strictly low carb diet!!!!
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    like a cake or cookie i see so man recipes for low carbs i would normally do once in a while on a reg low carb diet.. any suggestions??? or just forget them lol
    Personally, I would skip them during the week and plan to have whatever it is you really want on your fun day. Like many have said, sometimes by the time fun day rolls around you don't even want it anymore, but if you do, go for it! I have found some yummy substitutes, but for me it tends to get me thinking about ways to get around what it is I'm really supposed to be doing....changing my life one meal at a time.