Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Name Thread! Let's hear them!

mzjessicab
mzjessicab Posts: 195 Member
Just wondering if anyone has thought of (or chosen) a name for their little one yet?!

Replies

• LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    DH and I have had Aurora Frances picked out for a while now if we have a girl. Boys names are a little tricky as DH and I have quite different tastes. I like Arthur, Albert, Jasper, Oliver, Flynn, Alexander and then some more unusual ones like Henning. DH perhaps likes Arthur and Alexander, and he doens't mind Isaac, which is a nice name but not qutie sure it's what I want.

Will be watching this thread with interest!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Our little one is a boy and will be Jacob Ryan.
  • GTSally
    GTSally Posts: 17 Member
    I'll be watching this thread too. We're not finding out the sex this time and I didn't realize how much harder it would be to come up with TWO names!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Ours is Benjamin Ryan
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Ours is Benjamin Ryan

Love the middle name!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Ours is Benjamin Ryan

Love the middle name!

LOL! I love yours too! :) Jacob Ryan is cute!
  • I just started thinking bout names today... me and my hub have got 6 kids already so I know from past xp how hard it's gonna be to pick a name we both like!! I'm seriously thinking about finding out the sex (which I never have before), just to make it easier lol
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    We didn't find out what we were having the first time, so we had a shortlist of names for both boys and girls. There were also multiple combinations on there, so a first name might appear twice with a different middle name. We ended up having a boy, so my assumption is that we will pull out the list again and revise it a bit (again we do not know what we are having, I mean, besides a baby :tongue: ).

We ended up having a boy and named him Thomas Elliott.

I remember that Colin and Joseph were a couple of the other names on our boys' names list. I'm not sure what the middle names were, but obviously Elliott was on that list, and I think Joseph might have been in there as a middle name. We considered naming him Thomas Joseph (and maybe calling him TJ) but decided against it because it would remove Joseph from the list completely.

For girls' names, I remember that Carolyn (which is now out because my husband's brother and SIL have since used Caroline, and they have the same last name), Marianne Leigh (my late aunt was Marianne Lee), Lillian, and Natalie were on the list. Anne (my middle name), Leigh, and Marie were common middle name choices for those first names, and I vaguely remember that Rose might have been stuck in there as well for a middle name.
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Had our girl in October and named her Jovie Kay. She joined big sister, Elsie Lee:)
  • GTSally
    We have similar tastes in names! With my daughter we had it narrowed down to Carolyn, Natalie, and Audrey and ended up going with Natalie. I think we're keeping the other two as potentials for this baby!
  • GTSally

For girls' names, I remember that Carolyn (which is now out because my husband's brother and SIL have since used Caroline, and they have the same last name), Marianne Leigh (my late aunt was Marianne Lee), Lillian, and Natalie were on the list. Anne (my middle name), Leigh, and Marie were common middle name choices for those first names, and I vaguely remember that Rose might have been stuck in there as well for a middle name.

Oops, meant to quote this, RBXChas. I'm new to this :laugh:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member

Oops, meant to quote this, RBXChas. I'm new to this :laugh:

How funny! Someone I don't know well whose wife was pregnant shortly after I had my son asked me for suggestions for girls' names (we were e-mailing about something else alumni-related at the time, so it didn't come out of left field). It was girl #4 for them, and when I gave him my list, he said that all three of his girls' names were on it. I guess great minds do think alike :wink:
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    We find out baby's gender in a little less than two weeks. If it's a girl, we'll name her Kaylee Jean (after grandmas and family tradition). If it's a boy, we have no idea!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    We've been set on a girl's name since the middle of the first trimester but it took forever to think of a boy's name (at first we didn't want to know what we were having). Well, we changed our minds and know we're having a girl, and the name we chose is Makayla Renee.

ETA: After we chose the name (it's one that just stuck with me once I put the two together), we found that Makayla (feminine variation of Michael) means "who is like God?" and Renee in it's latin origin means "born again". Such an awesome combination! :smile:
  • amchha
    amchha Posts: 33 Member
    We found out we are having our 3rd daughter in May! Our short list is ELLA, ISABELLA, and LILLIAN.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Had our girl in October and named her Jovie Kay. She joined big sister, Elsie Lee:)

Wow, That's my daughters name! Both first and middle name! Except we spell it Jovi. She turned 3 in Sept.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member

Jovie, I love it!

ours is going to be Zulma Eileen. Zulma after his late mother and Eileen is my mom's middle name. Zulma means "peace with us" apparently it's originally Arabic but lot's of Puerto Rican's have that name. My sister's FIL is Arabic and before knowing what we were naming her said "black people always take Arabic names" so that make us laugh. Hubby isn't black but people often think he is
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    If we have a boy we are naming him Jett and if its a girl her name will be Josylnn, I guess we are going with J names!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    We are having a boy and his name will be Zachary Levi. We already had two girls and another boy, and their names are Lilly Ashlyn, Gracie Elise and Elijah Thomas. Our girl name would have been Jolie Estelle. I am loving all of the names that everyone is choosing!
  • Too early to know what we're having yet (I'm only 5 wks) - but I've started early! It took me a short time for the girl's name, but a long while to choose the boys.

For a girl, Leila Marie (or Leila Alexis), or Olivia Marie.
    For a boy, Christopher Jeremiah or Julian Miles.

He/she will be joining Xavier Charles.