MISTEXT

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I think pretty much everyone has done this, and just thought some stories would be fun to share. I thought of it because I did it yesterday, but was not bad.....Just a "how is your day going" to a guy I have been texting for some t ime, but have never met---but it went to the not from online dating date--ooops!! Luckily, he couldn't tell was not for him, and he just answered ........

My friend the other night and I were out the other night, and she thought she was texting her boyfriend......"How was your day sexy boy?" It went to her EX HUSBAND--she had just been texting with her ex about their daughter, and he texted back......"I'm not your sexy boy - I think D is "...

Any fun stories?

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    OMG .. my marine's first name starts with an O and so does my sons .. I texted my son .. or who I thought was my son .. I thought your dad was taking you to breakfast bud .. whats up .. which wasn't a bad text or anything .. I realized after a few minutes after my son didn't answer I looked at my phone and realized I sent it to the marine. ha! I texted him *kitten* .. sorry. lol .. he sent me an LMAO .. its ok.

I removed him from my phone so that wouldn't happen again ..lol.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've been the recipient a few times...

The best one was my ex-husband was texting me and asking if he could keep the girls a couple extra days during his upcoming weekend as he was getting re-married. I told him sure, keep them for as long as you need. They were going out of town, grandparents were going to be there, etc. so yeah, I wanted my daughters to be there for his day.

He texted me back a text meaning to go to his girlfriend:

"The girls' monster says we can keep them a few extra days".

I texted back... "uh, excuse me, monster?"

His response.... "sorry that was meant to go to Holly"

Really dude? :grumble:

Oh I have a funny auto correct one! I was texting a married guy friend of mine about running. We were getting ready to do a big group run and he was worried he wouldn't be able to do it. I texted him... Trust me, you'll be fine. It came through... "Thrust me..." OMG.. I died! LOL
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    There are websites devoted to auto correct funnies.

I don't recall making any auto correct mistakes, but it happens. No major ones on the receiving end, though I'm sure there have been small things happen here and there. Nothing has been so significant so as to stay ingrained in my mind.

Texting should be for simple messages.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I sent a text to the wrong person. I thought I was texting to my niece but was to some guy, haha. I was at a party and wasn't sure where my niece put my boyfriend's coat. She was upstairs and didn't hear me call her so I text her asking where she put it. I received a text back saying they are holding the coat for ransom, ha ha. Then she came downstairs and I said her text was funny, she said what text. I got one number wrong in her phone number. I text back saying you can have the coat and wished him a Happy New year, ha ha. He text back saying that I must've realized I text the wrong number and wished me the same. I wrote back saying yes I did, ha ha.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    .. Trust me, you'll be fine. It came through... "Thrust me..." OMG.. I died! LOL

:laugh: :laugh: I nearly spat my tea out............ :laugh:
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    a guy that i went on a couple dates with in the spring, but have since stayed friends with sent me a bunch of really nasty texts meant for his exwife...... they were really really really awful.

needless to say, we aren't gonna be friends anymore. and some of them were in response to MY text back to him totally clueless at first!!!!!!! it just got NASTIER. it was awful.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't really funny, but I have had a few...

I told my friend I was on my way but had to pick up a few thongs (I meant things).

Someone was asking me about my tattoo and I said I had one on my *kitten* (I meant to say ankle)
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    a guy that i went on a couple dates with in the spring, but have since stayed friends with sent me a bunch of really nasty texts meant for his exwife...... they were really really really awful.

needless to say, we aren't gonna be friends anymore. and some of them were in response to MY text back to him totally clueless at first!!!!!!! it just got NASTIER. it was awful.

example of "really really really awful" text message. :)
  • kimad
    Options

example of "really really really awful" text message. :)

I also agree, I wanna hear this text toO!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i didn't save them, and i don't remember the exact wording..........

but, the first one said something about "being sick and tired of you for a long long long time" and something about YOUR kids ( not OUR kids) so, i was kinda confused and scratching my head. he was pissed and nasty. so i just replied " ummmmmm, ok." and that was it.

he responded 3 times still thinking i was her. stuff about how she had mental issues and so forth and so on.

after about 30 min he realized they were all sent to me. and he LOL'd it all...... there really wasn't anything to laugh about.
  • kimad
    Options
    i didn't save them, and i don't remember the exact wording..........

but, the first one said something about "being sick and tired of you for a long long long time" and something about YOUR kids ( not OUR kids) so, i was kinda confused and scratching my head. he was pissed and nasty. so i just replied " ummmmmm, ok." and that was it.

he responded 3 times still thinking i was her. stuff about how she had mental issues and so forth and so on.

after about 30 min he realized they were all sent to me. and he LOL'd it all...... there really wasn't anything to laugh about.

I agree at nothing to laugh about. Shows you what type of man he is. I mean we all have our moments, I can't save Ive never been lived and said things I shouldn't have.... but it wasn't super *kitten* nasty.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    he was attacking her in these texts. and when he realized it was me, he was like " i guess i'm not doing a good job at ignoring her attacks" and like i said, he was attacking her in these texts. telling her she was disturbed and what not.

there was nothing about them where he was trying to ignore her or not engage. he was definitely dishing out the insults!!!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Let's see I'm really good at this, because i'm not overly tech saavy.

The last one I did that really made me red faced :blushing: This was meant for my girlfriend.....

My text was "Can you come pick me up in the morning at the shop, A tall drink of water came over and helped me break into the shed, you know the cutie with the diesel truck that I can't get with. He pulled out of here black smoke blowing....he's such a tease. Does 730 work?"

So a few minutes later I wonder what the hell she's doing because she ALWAYS responds within a second or two.... when I realized the text went to him......
    his response was "That made my night"

Oy Gravy. :blushing:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

The last one I did that really made me red faced :blushing: This was meant for my girlfriend.....

My text was "Can you come pick me up in the morning at the shop, A tall drink of water came over and helped me break into the shed, you know the cutie with the diesel truck that I can't get with. He pulled out of here black smoke blowing....he's such a tease. Does 730 work?"

So a few minutes later I wonder what the hell she's doing because she ALWAYS responds within a second or two.... when I realized the text went to him......

Did you get a date out of it? :D
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

OMG! That made my morning! Hahaha!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I mean at that point you have nothing to lose right? Just say "Whoops! Cat is outta the bag! Guess we should go get lunch sometime!"
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I mean at that point you have nothing to lose right? Just say "Whoops! Cat is outta the bag! Guess we should go get lunch sometime!"

Exactly!! :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I did not get a date out of it.... :sad:
    But we still talk and are acquaintances....give it time and he'll find out how awesome I am. If not...oh well....

I told the story to the co-worker who is friends with him, and she told him I was a really great gal....he kind of got shy after that, I'm guessing we embarassed him a little.
    I'm happy with being friends. It's all good if I ever need him to help me fix something again!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I was on a dating site date. Met him in a pub. And I always text my best mate to tell him a) that I'm safe and b) thumbs up or down about the date.

Sooooooo, my date went up to the bar and I text my best mate......"All ok. He is cute!" And yes, I sent it to my date!!! :laugh:

My date came back and I flirted it off by saying "yes, you ARE cute!" But unfortunately the date went downhill from there when he informed me that he always 'obviously' looks at other women and his g/f 'needs to get used to it' and his sexual pref was whips and chains............ :huh:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I was on a dating site date. Met him in a pub. And I always text my best mate to tell him a) that I'm safe and b) thumbs up or down about the date.

Sooooooo, my date went up to the bar and I text my best mate......"All ok. He is cute!" And yes, I sent it to my date!!! :laugh:

My date came back and I flirted it off by saying "yes, you ARE cute!" But unfortunately the date went downhill from there when he informed me that he always 'obviously' looks at other women and his g/f 'needs to get used to it' and his sexual pref was whips and chains............ :huh:

Is he tall? Pass him along! Haha