What weird food cravings are YOU having during pregnancy?

Options
I am absolutely IN LOVE with Mott's Cinnamon Applesauce.....I lick the single serve when I'm done .....lol :love: :love: :love:

Edited for Grammar

Replies

• scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Marshmallows... weird.
  • GTSally
    GTSally Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It was carbs, carbs and carbs for the first three months. Now I'm craving non-meat protein like eggs and cottage cheese. I eat a whole egg and two whites scrambled with breakfast most mornings and now I'm eating 2 more hard-boiled eggs as a snack most days. Not the best for my cholesterol intake, but apparently baby needs protein!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nothing specific, but I'm definately going back to my Arkansas roots and eating loads of southern/mexican foods. Must be feeling nostalgic! Not sure my British husband is thrilled but too bad. The prego gets what the prego wants.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Fruit and dairy (not together, necessarily)! Though applesauce sounds AWESOME right now, especially cinnamon applesauce! Sounds like a great, healthy, low-calorie dessert (I buy no sugar added applesauce).
  • CoyaCoya1913
    Options
    Fruit and dairy (not together, necessarily)! Though applesauce sounds AWESOME right now, especially cinnamon applesauce! Sounds like a great, healthy, low-calorie dessert (I buy no sugar added applesauce).

It's crazy because originally, I bought them for my son's lunches but......yeah lol I'm buying a big jar next time to eat at home, too. I will definitely go with the no sugar added though.
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Healthy ladies, all I want now is donut holes...but I stuck with a banana and PB.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I randomly started craving funnel cake with cherry and powdered sugar topping!
  • skoblinka
    Options
    For me it's mostly sugar! I try to be good and just eat a ton of fresh fruit, but apparently for the baby girl a banana is not a replacement for ice-cream with chocolate sauce LOL. I hope i don't fail by glucose test on Monday because of it!
  • CoyaCoya1913
    Options
    For me it's mostly sugar! I try to be good and just eat a ton of fresh fruit, but apparently for the baby girl a banana is not a replacement for ice-cream with chocolate sauce LOL. I hope i don't fail by glucose test on Monday because of it!

LOL! Baby Girl knows the difference! That's too cute. And if you fail the test, just be sure to explain the situation - perhaps they can give you suggestions on how to help! :wink:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Early on, it was french fries. I made hubs go out and buy big boxes of McDonald's fries and would eat the whole thing.

Other than that, I really haven't had much. I've had the food aversions though. For about two months, I wanted absolutely no meat at all.
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Nothing WEIRD.... just BAD. lol. Mainly sweets. And Mexican food.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just want eggs.. All. The. Time. Lol..
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nothing specific, but I'm definately going back to my Arkansas roots and eating loads of southern/mexican foods. Must be feeling nostalgic! Not sure my British husband is thrilled but too bad. The prego gets what the prego wants.

I'm from Arkansas too!

My main cravings have been bananas, peanut butter, kefir, and mayonnaise/mustard on every possible food (pasta, sandwiches, fries)
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Mostly sweets for the last few months, now I think I'm getting onto healthier cravings. Bummer is that my biggest craving is Shashimi which we aren't allowed to eat :(

Funny story though....if you have seen Elf you will appreciate this

I made spaghetti and went into the fridge to get some nutritional yeast (pretty much parm cheese for vegetarians) but then I noticed the maple syrup. I laughed and thought of Elf then thought "that actually sounds kinda good"...so I poured a little into a spoon and swirled my spaghetti in it and it actually tasted pretty good. But when I poured it on my whole plate I realized what a bad idea it was and I think the only reason it tasted good at first is b/c I wanted sugar. So gross and such a waste of good spaghetti lol
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I'm from Arkansas too!

My main cravings have been bananas, peanut butter, kefir, and mayonnaise/mustard on every possible food (pasta, sandwiches, fries)

How funny! All my family is still there and I make the pilgrimage there once a year. My daughters British accent attracts a lot of attention.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have been obsessing over cookie cake for the last week. I want a giant piece SO bad!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Ham. Yuck! Ham.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Mostly sweets for the last few months, now I think I'm getting onto healthier cravings. Bummer is that my biggest craving is Shashimi which we aren't allowed to eat :(

I made spaghetti and went into the fridge to get some nutritional yeast (pretty much parm cheese for vegetarians) but then I noticed the maple syrup. I laughed and thought of Elf then thought "that actually sounds kinda good"...so I poured a little into a spoon and swirled my spaghetti in it and it actually tasted pretty good. But when I poured it on my whole plate I realized what a bad idea it was and I think the only reason it tasted good at first is b/c I wanted sugar. So gross and such a waste of good spaghetti lol

Sticking with the four basic food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Sticking with the four basic food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Salt!! We went to a Mexican restaurant and I salted every single chip. It was delicious. (And now sounds gross, but I loved it!!)