Craving cheats!

Options
gillythyme
gillythyme Posts: 51 Member
Hey Gals,

I was just had a big chocolate craving and decided to have some good old hot chocolate instead of a giant chocolate bar. Yay me!! I was wondering if anyone else out there trying to maintain a nice healthy weight during their pregnancy has come up with any similar "Craving cheats" for when they hit?
It would be good to know what other do, especially for things like chips or fast food!

Replies

• Jillian52
    Jillian52 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually try to make a healthy version of whatever I am craving! If I want pizza I make personal pizzas on whole wheat pitas with 2% milk cheese. If I want a burger and fries I do a turkey burger or lean beef burger on a whole wheat but with baked sweet potato fries. For my sweet craving I usually have a protein bar with 6 or less grams of sugar (I love the Quest bars!) or a piece of fruit!
  • skoblinka
    Options
    bump
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sweets: 1/2 cup Low fat chocolate ice cream mixed with 1/4 cup fat free coolwhip. Yum!

Looking for an alternatives for: french fries and sushi any suggestions?
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    BlondAnnieOakley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sweets: 1/2 cup Low fat chocolate ice cream mixed with 1/4 cup fat free coolwhip. Yum!

Looking for an alternatives for: french fries and sushi any suggestions?

Sounds great!
    Try making your own French Fries! Slice some nice soft, white potatoes and sweet potatoes, sprinkle with salt, spread on a SPRAYED or oiled (Olive Oil) bake 400' until desired crispiness! Yummy!!! My husband prefers the over fried ones!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving French fries I try to eat the kettle cooked 40% less fat potato chips....I've also fried plantains. The green ones taste like potatoes when fried....you cut them into slivers before frying to make chips and sprinkle a little salt on them when they're hot. I guess they're still fried but I figured they're a little more natural and come from fruit? so it has to be better for you lol. honestly a lot of times nothing takes the place of some good French fries!
  • gillythyme
    gillythyme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yup I've done the sweet potato spears baked with salt. Pretty decent.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I don't like low-fat ice cream - I'd rather eat a smaller amount of the real thing! I bought some early on when it was one of the few things I could stomach and was unimpressed. That same shopping trip I'd bought some low-fat chocolate milk and thought it was way better! I have been having chocolate cravings again, so the next time I go grocery shopping I plan to pick up some more. I can only drink it in small amounts, so I literally sip 8 oz at a time, which makes it last.