How is everyone doing with their commitments or resolutions?

Options
mexico4fun
mexico4fun Posts: 31 Member
I love the "commitment" counter on MFP. I have logged in, tracked and stuck with my lifestyle changes for 30 days now.
Although I truly think it takes me more than 28 days to change a habit, I am well on my way to a good routine.
I have learned a few things along the way!

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY
SUCCESS IS MEASURED IN MANY WAYS
I NEED TO BE HONEST WITH MYSELF AND MY CHOICES
I NEED TO BE PERSISTENT NOT PERFECT ALONG THIS JOURNEY
I NEED TO GIVE MYSELF A BREAK SOMETIMES AND NOT BE SO HARD AND CRITICAL OF MYSELF....
(IF ANYONE ELSE SPOKE TO ME IN THE SAME WAY I TALK TO MYSELF, I WOULD STAND UP FOR MYSELF AND TELL THEM WHERE TO GO)
DON'T GIVE UP
THERE ARE MANY THINGS ABOUT ME THAT I ALREADY LOVE AND RESPECT
I CAN DO THIS
I WANT TO DO THIS FOR ME!

What about you?

Replies

• MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Let's see...this is the year I'm going to get organized. I started to get rid of files that are over 7 years.... Yeah I have had files since 1998. Now down to 2002 it's a start.

I don't need to be perfect...this is a big one I'm hoping I can do.

Balance more balance in my life with family and friends and business/ office work. Getting there still have a long way to go!

Look at where I Have come from...no to keep looking forward at the goal...need to enjoy the journey more.

Last but not leat to get more sleep. I started to do this by self hypnosis. It seems to be working...yay!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    My big goal for the year is to cut back on work, and increase the time I devote to fitness and friends. So far, I've still been overloaded with work due to a backlog, but I think February will calm down and I will finally start to see the benefit of saying no :-)

I have been getting to the gym more regularly, though, and haven't let the work monster stop me - I figure I can allow myself an hour at the gym each day and this has actually been a great thing - I go in the late afternoon, when my mind has turned to mush anyway, and I find it clears my head so I can actually put in another productive hour or two in the evening.

I've also been scheduling in some social activities - struggling a bit with the guilt since there is still overdue work that needs to be done, but I do feel better than I did before New Years when I was a complete hermit who did nothing but work.

So, not completely there yet, but making progress :-)
  • mexico4fun
    mexico4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are headed in the right direction. Keep focussed on you and you will be a better professional for all of your clients. The idea of going to the gym in the afternoon is great. I was working from home last week one day. I was reviewing/editting policies. I started working at about 7:00am after I ate breakfast, I stopped for 1/2 hr lunch and then rescheduled my trainer appt from 7pm to 3pm. I went to the trainer, came home around 4pm, prepared and ate dinner by 5:30 and then was able to review for two more hours when everyone went off to watch tv. What a great day; got 9 solid hours of work done and lots to show for it. Now that was a productive day! No tiredness, no regret and a start on the next day.