Day 18

Options
Jaynehr
Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
Completed a 1 mile walk DVD and stretch tonight. No 30 Day Shred again cuz shins and calves were bugging me tonight. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Replies

• Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    D18 done.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Jaynehr!! I found icing or using a icepack before and after exercise helped a lot.

I did the 30DS tonight. I really didn't want to do it but I kept telling myself that if I didn't do it for a day, I wouldn't see the results I wanted. :lol: I did over 200 minutes of walking, mostly grocery shopping or walking in the neighbourhood. Came home, did Insanity Cardio Abs and some of the Fit Test. Finished 20 minutes of the Shred... I was yawning throughout the exercise (but sweating a lot, feeling the burn) so I called it quits for the night. I usually push through but I think my body is telling me to cool it.. been up earlier than usual in the morning too so..

Congrats to everyone who got some activity in today - shred or no shred! :)
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Jaynehr!! I found icing or using a icepack before and after exercise helped a lot.

I did the 30DS tonight. I really didn't want to do it but I kept telling myself that if I didn't do it for a day, I wouldn't see the results I wanted. :lol: I did over 200 minutes of walking, mostly grocery shopping or walking in the neighbourhood. Came home, did Insanity Cardio Abs and some of the Fit Test. Finished 20 minutes of the Shred... I was yawning throughout the exercise (but sweating a lot, feeling the burn) so I called it quits for the night. I usually push through but I think my body is telling me to cool it.. been up earlier than usual in the morning too so..

I just want to let you know, I don't know how true it may be but I read in an article that you are never supposed to ice before a workout, only after. I believe they said heat before and ice after. Just FYI...I wouldn't want you to get an injury. :smile:

I have started icing and elevating after the 30 ds workouts because my shins were really bad. They are getting better a little at a time. I completed day 18 today!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

I just want to let you know, I don't know how true it may be but I read in an article that you are never supposed to ice before a workout, only after. I believe they said heat before and ice after. Just FYI...I wouldn't want you to get an injury. :smile:

I have started icing and elevating after the 30 ds workouts because my shins were really bad. They are getting better a little at a time. I completed day 18 today!

That's good to know! I found the cold before and after helped me the other night.. after that, I didn't feel any pain in my right shin anymore. I had iced for a few days after the workout and the pain didn't seem to go away. But I don't wanna advise anything that could injury someone, thanks for mentioning that! :)
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Day 18 done, yesterday.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday so now I'm 3 days behind everyone.......but day 18 done for me ; )
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 18 done :)