How is everyone doing on their juice fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    im on Day 3.
    so far so good.
    thing i struggle with is water intake.
    i noticed on the reboot with joe link, they recommend drinking hot water with lemon & ginger in the morning and at night. i started this last night. i think its going to be a great way for me to sneak in at least 24oz of water.
    both yesterday and today i was able to meet my 64oz goal and perhaps exceed it a little.

on another positive note, i stepped on the scale this morning and it said i was down 8.5lbs since the start of my juice fast on monday. my regular weigh-in days are mondays, so im going to try and avoid the scale until then.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Allison - great work!

It's day 9 for me. Just one more day of juice fast. It's been a great experience and the most amazing thing to me is that my chronic headaches have been completely gone since day 3. I'm definitely going to have to be careful once I start eating again to see where these headaches are coming from. I thought I was already eating healthfully!

Once I start eating on Saturday I will be using the reboot plan menus for transitioning back to normal eating. Although I might eat something more solid than just fruits and veggies, like an egg or some rice! But I'm going to start with those menus and just listen to my body.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thinking about juicing. AGAIN! We tried to mix juicing into our lives a year ago, but I got hung up on the wasted pulp and trying to do something with it. I had a muffin recipe that I used some to make, but couldn't eat them so what good was that. Anyway would like to do a fast for 3-5 days. My ? Is...why no coffee. I drink coffee black and don't munch with it...and damn it..I love coffee. I drink all my water too. I really don't want to give up my java...any one succeed w/o saying by by to coffee?
  • _jh_
    _jh_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on Day 9 of my juice fast.

I'm not losing as much weight as everyone else ... but it takes a lot for me to lose anything at all usually so I'm happy with my progress so far.

I have lost about 5 pounds in 9 days.

It's great to hear how other "juicers" are doing. Well done!
  • Querian
    Options
    Hey jeangirl the reason for no coffee is you want to get rid of any and all toxins and give your body the chance it needs to do the work to heal itself. If you continue to drink caffeine with your fast your body has to work on dealing with those chemicals instead of rebooting your system. I'm a coffee drinker too and the firt 3 days of my fast were pretty bad from the withdrawals but totally worth it for me!

JL - I lost 5.8 pounds in 10 days so I am right there with you. All of our bodies are different and I appreciate a lot of the other benefits of juicing like no more headaches! Plus. I really do feel like I've been rebooted in my nutritional standards and am eating very clean since my fast ended last Friday.

Cheer to juicing and all the juice-fasters! :drinker:
  • cheryl529h
    cheryl529h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did a 3-day juice fast from Sunday through Tuesday of this week, which went well. Lost 2.8 lbs in 3 days, but have gained most of it back since not because of increased calories, but rather I believe because of my generous use of salt since ending the "fast" (and I think the word "fast" is such a misnomer since the amount of calories consumed during the juice fast were the same as I'd have consumed in solid food).

I did blog about my 3-day juice fast in case anyone is interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cheryl529h

Would love to read about others' experiences, too.
  • jessababy22
    Options
    Im starting my juice fast tomorrow with my fiancé. I was just curious if others are doing this on their own or if they bought the plan from the fat, sick, and nearly dying website? We found some recipes online and are doing it of of that.
  • Querian
    Options
    I used a free plan on Reboot with Joe called New Year New You. I just googled "Reboot with Joe New Year New You" and it was the first thing that came up. I just extended the plan to 10 days and also used some other juice recipes that I found online, too.