Extra Pulp from juicing recipes

Options
tspugh
tspugh Posts: 25 Member
Hi does anyone have ideas on how to use the pulp, I hate to waste it?

Replies

• jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    These ideas came with my Jack LaLanne juicer:

Fruit Pulp:
    Smoothies- add it to juice, ice, and low-fat milk in your blender to make the healthiest, tastiest smoothies.
    Muffins and Breads- fruit and vegetable pulp provides fiber and sweetness.
    Pies and Cobblers- fruit pulp gives extra zing to fruit pies and cobblers.

Vegetable Pulp:
    Meat Loaf- add it to ground meat for tastier, healthier meat loaf.
    Quiche- add it to egg and vegetable-based pies.
    Casseroles- for more flavor and extra nutrients, add to any vegetable or meat casserole.
    Lasagna- meat or vegetable, add vegetable pulp for great taste and good health.
    Soups and Stews- pulp adds thickness and flavor.

It also says that you can freeze the pulp in freezer bags for up to a month. They have recipes for using the pulp in there too, let me know if you'd like me to post some.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have made this recipe a few times with a variety of different pulp and it's pretty good:

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/juicer-pulp-sweet-bread.htm :flowerforyou:

I have also saved carrot and celery pulp to use in making broth, I usually save my leftover bits from onions, garlic, celery, carrots and anything else that would go in broth in a large freezer bag or tupperware container in the freezer. Once the bag is full you usually have enough to make a batch of broth. The pulp makes the broth a little harder to work with than just trimmings but it works.
  • norcar72
    norcar72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Works well as composite if you are into gardening
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Next time I have a garden I will definitely be composting my pulp! That is a good suggestion. :flowerforyou:
  • buggrrrl_01
    Options
    I cook chicken, egg and rice for my senior dog's food. I started adding some vegetable pulp to it for fiber. She loves it and it's help her stomach.