Run club anyone?

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
I would love to start a running group in KC area for all levels from the first time runner the to novice. Something in the mid morning time zone.
We can alternate home towns each week.

Any one?

Replies

• AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in this.
  • reese66
    Options
    Cool!!! I think it would be fun.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    Options
    So do I , but it looks like we are the only ones lol.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested but I live down in Clinton, MO but I do venture through KC every once in a while.
  • reese66
    Options
    Well this is a start.
    My thought is is that we can meet each week at a neighborhood near one of us. Like me I live near Independence so on my week we would meet up and run on Trace Trail.
    Now timing is everything. Is 9a.m. a good time for everyone? Saturday, Sunday, or both?
    To be honest I run/walk intervals. Currently longest run is 1/2 miles with 1/4 walking intervals.
    It would be nice to have different levels of experience :)
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested too - I know my schedule is kind of hectic some weekends but when I am here I would join in. I can't wait for the warm weather! Also, I've had some problems with me foot and now my knee but it comes and goes. I'm scheduling an appt. with the dr soon to figure out what I have going one. I'd like to try to join as much as I could though.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    Options
    With the RTP coming up I may start doing the groupie run on Sun. The KCTC beginners class on Mon. and a run on Tues. night... Reese you should try the Mon. beginners group at Ward parkway mall. They have walkers/runners.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Id' be interested - I'm in Mission.. I'm going to start doing the KC Track club beginners run on Mondays - Missed last week, but plan to start next week.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I do Sunday Runday out of Leawood. I have also met with the KCTC Saturday morning group in LS. And tonight I ran in Blue Springs on the Adams Dairy Parkway with a woman I met through the Saturday group Facebook page. I would be interested in an early (6-7 am) Wednesday run preferably with hills, though. I know they have at least 2 beginners running groups meeting starting at the end of this month.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness Lenexa has a run club on Tuesday nights at 6:00 and Saturday morning at 8:30. All levels are welcome. You do not have to be a member to attend run club.

Lifetime Fitness is located on Renner Blvd between 87th and 95th St., Lenexa.

Send me a message if you want more info.