SOS: Shout out Sundays 1/20/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, so hit me up friends! Did you pay the Piper? Or did he owe you this week??
Let us know how things went.

We reviewed this week correct technique when exercising, jumping exercises, practice stretching, and sharing websites that provide healthy recipes and workout tips....did anything work for you??

Share your experiences this week.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I'm finally below the weight I was before the holidays. Hopefully, I continue shedding pounds like I was before.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Today was scale day and either nothing is working or my scale is broken, I'm still the same weight. I know I didn't have a great food week, but I wasn't that bad, got back on track with working out, so I would think that something should've balanced out.

Just to note: I haven't given up, I am still trying, but I may buy a new scale if I'm still the same weight next week!
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The stretching was really nice. It's easy to overlook the benefits and pleasure a good stretch everyday can give. I'm going to be trying to do this every morning.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The scale hates me for another week.. 4 and counting, so I'm trying to focus on the health part more than the losing weight part.

I managed 10 bicep curls with my new higher weights yesterday. ( previous was only 5 and the fifth one was pretty poor form)
    I had my first Zumba Class on Monday and it was a lot of fun and I didn't die!
    I managed to stay on track for both my food and workouts even with my hubby here for the last week ( we're stuck living apart for a year... long story).
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Today was scale day and either nothing is working or my scale is broken, I'm still the same weight. I know I didn't have a great food week, but I wasn't that bad, got back on track with working out, so I would think that something should've balanced out.

Just to note: I haven't given up, I am still trying, but I may buy a new scale if I'm still the same weight next week!

Sometimes for unknown reasons the weight just doesn't come off the way we think it should. And then, all of a sudden, you'll drop five pounds in a week and wonder how it happened. One week does not a bad scale make. If you're not doing this already, weigh yourself right after your morning pee and before you drink/eat anything for the day. If you weigh yourself like that every time you tend to get more consistent results...and that's when you're at your lightest. Also, weigh yourself more than once a week. I know people tell you not to, but seeing what the scale says almost every day motivates me.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    went down .8 from 187.6 - to 186.8 so i am not complaining

the one thing i have learned- is i feel better when i work out- mentally & physically

i try not to let the slow moving numbers on the scale effect me ( although i want to take the shot gun to it ) :laugh:

oh & i Love the mini challenges- I have 2 small girls & being able to get some reps in is great-
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    The scale hates me for another week.. 4 and counting, so I'm trying to focus on the health part more than the losing weight part.

Girl you do just that stay....stay focused on being healthy. You will have big guns soon!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, I learned even once again I can adapt to my situation...I forgot my gym shoes for a class but I did it anyway! I can do anything! I can eat at a party and not gorge! I shocked myself.

Forgive myself when I can't exercise as long as I want but get in what I can!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

Sometimes for unknown reasons the weight just doesn't come off the way we think it should. And then, all of a sudden, you'll drop five pounds in a week and wonder how it happened. One week does not a bad scale make. If you're not doing this already, weigh yourself right after your morning pee and before you drink/eat anything for the day. If you weigh yourself like that every time you tend to get more consistent results...and that's when you're at your lightest. Also, weigh yourself more than once a week. I know people tell you not to, but seeing what the scale says almost every day motivates me.
    Thanks, but it's been three weeks and that's after a year of working at this and gaining back 20 of the 40 lbs that I lost despite all the work I was doing and after being stuck at the same weight for 6 months. I do weigh myself first thing in the morning, right after the potty and right before getting in the shower. I have weighed myself daily in the past and got to the point of being dangerously obsessive about it (I had a doctor who's plan requires you to weigh yourself daily actually tell me to cut back to once a week in spite of his requirements for the plan I was on because of how obsessive I was getting about it,) so after several doctors, a registered dietician, and my trainer telling me no more than once a week, I have to stick with that.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ms Rach does your Super Trainer have any insight to what may be different?
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I forgot about good websites WWW.bodybuilding.com and WWW.skinnyms.com
  • beachbound2014
    Options
    Did pretty good this week until today. I went to a bridal expo with my daughter and just lost all self control with the samples. But tomorrow is a new day :smile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Ms Rach does your Super Trainer have any insight to what may be different?
    Nope, I pretty much have her and my doctor scratching their heads as to why the only way I can lose weight is do an extreme diet (which, of course, can only be done for a brief time and once I do one, I can't put myself through it again) the best guess as to why I've at least stopped gaining is because of having switched over to a high fiber food plan. From what I've read about the DASH diet (I bought the book to read up on high fiber "diet" so I could figure out how to do the high fiber thing) it can take a week or so to adjust before you start losing, maybe it's taking me a little longer.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Nope, I pretty much have her and my doctor scratching their heads as to why the only way I can lose weight is do an extreme diet (which, of course, can only be done for a brief time and once I do one, I can't put myself through it again) the best guess as to why I've at least stopped gaining is because of having switched over to a high fiber food plan. From what I've read about the DASH diet (I bought the book to read up on high fiber "diet" so I could figure out how to do the high fiber thing) it can take a week or so to adjust before you start losing, maybe it's taking me a little longer.

Would you mind keeping us posted on your progress with the DASH diet? I'd love to hear how you feel about it/on it and if your weight moves. :)

I'm considering the _DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution_ to help with meal planning. I really need to start preparing food at home more for both my and my husband's health, and it might be nice to start off with an already prepared month of menus.

I hope it works out for you... :smile:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I forgot about good websites WWW.bodybuilding.com and WWW.skinnyms.com

Thanks; I'm not sure how I forgot about bodybuilding.com! ;-)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Something, perhaps all is working for me. I have lost more weight. If you were the one that posted the squat jumps, I did those. Tough but effective.