Keeping track and staying on track

Options
clf1960
clf1960 Posts: 13 Member
I had gotten away from keeping track of all my food and I do mean ALL after I reached my lowest weight. (I never reached my goal, it was unreasonable). Any way I have started keeping very close accurate track and am surprised at how many extra calories I was adding without thinking about it. That extra slice of cheese when making a sandwich, ( you know how you put one on your food then just go ahead and eat one while you fix the meal), that extra little handful of nuts after you already ate your measured amount. so many other examples, But Keeping a food diary seems to be vital to my success, so i'm doing it, and i'm being honest about measurements. I'm only hurting myself if i cheat.

Replies

• on2anewme
    on2anewme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is exactly right! We only cheat ourselves. I've been keeping track 98% accurately for the first time ever and find that it helps me stay aware of what I'm doing. Before it was like I was blind to what I was eating as if it didnt matter. Now I have to track, have to see it and have to acknowledge what I do. No blinders, cuz that just got me some weight back on.