A WAIST is a terrible thing to mind ...

Options
Today it’s too cold to run outside so I decided to find a YouTube video of a dance class for me to do for my work out. I found my old belly dancing skirt and since no one was home I pulled up my shirt, moved the mirror and decided I'd focus on seeing if I could find any of my old form. To my utter surprise I noticed a nearly imperceptible change in circumference between my ribcage and my hips. I still have a lot of fat to burn off around my belly but I can see a waist. Since I will NEVER EVER show this to any person I know in real life I thought maybe I’d take advantage of my support group here and how you all. Here is a link to the belly dance class I followed this morning (don’t let it intimidate you, it’s really good and really fun): http://youtu.be/pvky4ppTJfs

wmc750.jpg

Replies

• whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Way to go! The belly dancing thing has always been hard for me...never able to get the movements correct...used to record the ones on TV that walked you through each position then put it all together. Had a blast with it even if I was uncoordianted!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Which is why I re-started at home, ALONE :laugh:

I have been having fun finding free worksouts on YouTube.
    I did The Core Rhythms Workout: http://youtu.be/lT09bryb0C4 :glasses: and tomorrow (when I'm home alone again) I'm going to do the New York Ballet Workout :love:

I'm excited to start to see a SHAPE - even when I've been thin before (that ONE time in my life :huh:) I didn't have any curves.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A great burn and fun those are the workouts I enjoy....
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I never thought of looking through YouTube for work outs. Thanks for the idea :-)
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I admit, I have never thought to look up a belly dancing workout on YouTube. I have taken several live classes and felt so silly with being in front of others gyrating my hips. I'll have to start trying them at home, too. :smile: