Soda after surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• koalajazzie88
    Options
    I knew soda wasnt good for me but I never knew exactly why so thanks for the post that I quoted and think I may have done it incorreclty..lol! Anyway I am 3 weeks out from VSG surgery and am thrilled to not have any coke zero cravings. I was soooooo hooked on that and Diet Coke before that. I never ever thought I could give it up and hope to never drink one again. On the other hand My mom and sister have had surgery years ago and they are able to drink one with no problems but they let it go about half flat before. I think you can do it after the first year, but its up to you.
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the moderation camp. I wasn't a soda junkie pre-op so I don't have to worry about the dreaded "slippery slope." Now, that same slippery slope? That's potato chips for me. :) I can't keep them in the house because I would constantly pick at them. I probably couldn't keep a gallon of sweet tea in the house. But there could theoretically be a 2-liter of soda in my fridge and I wouldn't really think about it much. I steal a sip of my daughter's root beer at restaurants from time to time, or will mix a cocktail with ginger ale or tonic every once in a while.