Howdy!!

Options
DulcimerGuy
DulcimerGuy Posts: 36 Member
I had no idea there was an Indianapolis MFP group! Hi, y'all, I'm Rick on the north side of Indy. :)

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hey Rick, glad to meet 'ya... I'm Jay - about 45 mins. NE of Indy is where I currently reside, but I'm in Indy often... :)
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick! I'm Amy from the Old Northside in Indy.
  • IndyMario
    IndyMario Posts: 236
    Options
    Yo!
    I am Mario, just moved from the Near Northside/Fallcreek Place area back to Carmel.

Glad to be around some fellow Hoosiers ^_^
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Rick! Southside of Indy here.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm Mary and live on the Northeast side of Indy. Glad to be apart of this group!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Welcome to the group Mario and Mary!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I did radius search on Indy and sent out invites to the first 10 pages of people with profile pictures who have logged in today. Hopefully we can get enough active people to sustain more activity here :)
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Samantha, about 40 minutes south of downtown. Nice to meet you!
  • shaneeeast
    shaneeeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Group! I'm Shane from Westfield. I work 3rd shift on the NW side of Indy. Nice to meet you all!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Hello Group! I'm Shane from Westfield. I work 3rd shift on the NW side of Indy. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome Shane! Nice to meet you...
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hello! Southside of Indy...Greenwood. I always wondered if we had an Indy group floating around.
  • cinemafromage
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Casey from Nobletucky
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey Hoosiers!!!

My name is Claire....born and raised in Indianapolis. I've left a few times but have always came back. I'm a single mother of a teenager...he's 16. He has recently decided that I'm not cool anymore~HUGE blow to my ego~and so I feel like a lonely little soul. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for the VAST majority of my life. I've been on an insulin pump and wouldn't have it any other way. I am an RN. I've worked ER for the last 6 years but just got a new job that I will be starting in the next month. I enjoy walking, the elliptical, rowing, Turbo Jam, Kettleworx, Total Gym, reading, hanging out with my girlfriends, and traveling. Next up is a trip to New Zealand in 2014. I have a few small US trips planned also. I'm looking to take my son to the Grand Canyon sometime this summer. Other than my son my German Shepherd, Ivan, is the greatest thing on this planet. I worship the ground he walks on! I treat him as if he were my child. He goes EVERYWHERE with me. The only time I don't take him with me is when it's too hot outside for him. Can't wait to get to know everybody! Here's to an awesome upcoming Super Bowl Sunday...oh and I love sports too:)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Hey Hoosiers!!!

My name is Claire....born and raised in Indianapolis. I've left a few times but have always came back. I'm a single mother of a teenager...he's 16. He has recently decided that I'm not cool anymore~HUGE blow to my ego~and so I feel like a lonely little soul. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for the VAST majority of my life. I've been on an insulin pump and wouldn't have it any other way. I am an RN. I've worked ER for the last 6 years but just got a new job that I will be starting in the next month. I enjoy walking, the elliptical, rowing, Turbo Jam, Kettleworx, Total Gym, reading, hanging out with my girlfriends, and traveling. Next up is a trip to New Zealand in 2014. I have a few small US trips planned also. I'm looking to take my son to the Grand Canyon sometime this summer. Other than my son my German Shepherd, Ivan, is the greatest thing on this planet. I worship the ground he walks on! I treat him as if he were my child. He goes EVERYWHERE with me. The only time I don't take him with me is when it's too hot outside for him. Can't wait to get to know everybody! Here's to an awesome upcoming Super Bowl Sunday...oh and I love sports too:)

Which hospital network are you with Claire? Which sports teams to you like? I'm a Colts/Pacers/Purdue fan myself...

I work for Community Hospitals and my wife is with St. V's..
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just left CHE but I'm still PRN there. I'm headed to IUH. I am a true Colts fan however, due to my weekend option night schedule I rarely have had a chance to watch them over the past several years. I love my sleep time! I don't have an MLB team that I am devoted to but I enjoy watching any baseball game. I love to watch basketball too but don't follow any teams routinely. I fell out of touch with basketball when Reggie retired. There's really no sport that I don't enjoy watching. This past summer when the Olympics were on I DVR'ed EVERY event and watched the majority of them. Can't wait for the winter Olympics. If Apolo Anton Ohno doesn't return I will be so heartbroken!
  • Krispencu
    Krispencu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    Thanks for the invite! I live in Carmel- North of Indy. Mostly a stay-at-home mom who works 1 shift a week as a RN. LOVE MFP!! I've also been using the Fitbit as well and it's great.
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Welcome to the group!

I live on the NW side of Indy, close to Eagle Creek and work in reasearch on the IUPUI campus.
  • Nay77
    Nay77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Peeps! I live in Brownsburg. I was living in Kansas City, MO but my work relocated us here in 2010. I am a single mom of two, 12 yrs old and 10 yrs old. Looking forwards to being part of this group!
  • cassandraallegre
    Options
    Hey yall!! I'm Cassandra and I live on northeast side. Grad school, internship and part-time job... MFP (and exercise) is my only thread to sanity! :wink: :laugh: I'm thinking of becoming a Beach Body coach! An Indy MFP challenge group would be AWESOME! Let me know if you're interested!!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Naptown Peeps!

I'm Lisa and I grew up in Zville but have lived in Broad Ripple for years. Thanks for the invite Coolhand! I guess I should have browsed the groups more because I didn't know Indy had one. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Hope you're all staying warm today!