Books for February

Options
tammihart
tammihart Posts: 963 Member
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back?

The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost

Autumn

In less than twenty-four hours a vicious and virulent disease destroys virtually all of the population. Billions are killed. Thousands die every second. There are no symptoms and no warnings. Within moments of infection each victim suffers a violent and agonizing death. Only a handful of survivors remain. By the end of the first day those survivors wish they were dead. Then the disease strikes again, and all hell breaks loose... The classic free underground novel finally bursts into the mainstream. Cold, dark, relentless and uncomfortably plausible. A Night of the Living Dead for the 21st Century. "the perfect zombie story" "nothing written in the genre has grabbed me in the same way as AUTUMN" "an equal to Romero's Night of the Living Dead"

FYI- This is the first book in a series of 5

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stolen. It was good, I am not sure about the ending. I would have liked to learn more about her recovery and his punishment. I guess that is what a good book does it leaves you wanting more and gets you thinking.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Is book club going to continue? If so, I'm still here! Just behind. Hoping to get caught up on both of my book clubs by month's end.