Kim JaeJoong - MINE

Options
umachanxo
umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
Has anyone seen this yet? I think it's such a nice change from the regular Kpop being mass produced right now. Sounds very Jrock to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye_PX2qntc

Fans are speculating that this is about his struggle to leave the chains of his slave contract with SM Entertainment. They say that the forest is the freedom, and he's frantically searching and trying to find a way out. Him chained to the wall is clearly the chains of the contract that he was locked into and the thing covering his mouth could mean the control of the industry over his own creative voice.

The dogs are considered bad omens as well as the crows. And the snake - well, snakes are usually seen as sneaky and holding temptation within them (Adam and Eve and the snake) so it could represent SM offering settlements during the arbitration. As for the vampire priest image, I'm not sure what that means, haha.

He also has some other tracks out from his first mini solo album that are worth checking out! YouTube JaeJoong - All Alone. It's my favorite so far.

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Vampire Priest: Vampires are often a metaphor for empty, abusive relationships. Priest is obviously a religious reference. Maybe it refers to how people worship SM Entertainment when all it is a company that produces dance-type tracks without much substance outside of catchy music, and awesome dancing, and no matter what SM does (group dances in oddly lit rooms), rabid fans will always find it wonderful regardless of if SM lets their performers grow as artists or not (mostly, it seems like no)?

Yea, try to make sense of that long sentence (I'm at work and afraid of getting caught on here XD).