in the cold weather

Options
jerbear1962
jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
For those of you in the cold weather right now, how is you dogs doing? Shadow enjoys the cooler weather but today's extreme cold he was scratching at the door ready to come in fairly quick. I plan on spending some quality time with him this coming weekend. Today I was looking through a catalog and he wanted my attention so he laid his head in the middle of the magazine and looked at me like remember me...he's so cute at times. We have a Tuxedo cat as well and between the two of them I have such love for them both. They are so cute at times and play together fairly well.

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    We have sub zero wind chills here as well, Goober is torn between playing in the snow or curling up against the radiator. I had to listen to him moan and groan a few times yesterday as I refused to let him back out 5 minutes after letting him back in, it was simply too cold to keep opening the door for him....my poor furnace wont get a break for a few days yet
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a little jealous lol, my girl is currently sitting in the only air conditioned room in our house!
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    It is the opposite in my corner of the world. We are getting some pretty scorching hot days. I tried to put our dog in the paddling pool. She stood in the middle of it looking pretty sorry for herself and then realised "hey. I can jump out of this". And she ran off.

We also take her to the local "dog beach" for some exercise. There isn't anywhere they can really run away to so the dogs get to run around on the beach and splash in and out of the surf.

I wish I wasn't so retarded and could load pictures of her at the beach. One day I'll figure it out.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    parker is loving the cold weather. jazzy who knows with her. some days she loves it other days she'd rather be inside. she's a crazy dog.

i let them out at 5:30 this morning and parker didn't come back in until 7:30. he's turning into my vampire doggie. would rather be outside at 2:00 am than at 2:00 in the afternoon.
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lately I have a hard time getting Buck to come into the house at all. He loves the cold weather. He's not so much a fan of the wind, which can be pretty strong here, so he ducks into his house. When called to come into the house, he just sits there and looks at me...as if to say, ya right lady, you keep it so damn hot in that building I'll just stay comfortable right here.
    I love to watch him when it snows. He's in his glory! We're melting right now though, so it's wet and sloppy.... :(
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Tonight my wife got home before me and had Shadow out in the yard. As I was pulling up in the car he got all excited as he usually does. The bad thing was the late sun had melted all the snow and the back corner of our yard had become a muddy mess..he ran slide and fell on his side..so when I let him in he of course had to shake as much on me as he could then I had to wash him down. Which he didn't really like..but had to be done.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Nothing like having a cold and muddy shower, just spreading the fun around :laugh: