Where are you guys losing the weight from first?

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
If you didn't have scales to see how much you were losing how do you tell if you're losing weight? I know that some people say that their clothes feel bigger etc. so I'm curious to know which part of your body do you see the change first?

Strange enough, I always know when I'm losing weight when my wedding ring gets really loose - so I'll say definitely my finger. Once that ring starts to swing I know soon after I'm going to feel the baggy clothes next! :smile:

Replies

• Whirlagirl
    Options
    I haven't officially lost weight in two weeks, but I noticed my quads are now visible after Body Pump this evening. Even sent a text picture to a gym buddy to gloat. :laugh:
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Nice one!!! I love how my quads feel after pump and spin, I can't help running my hands up and down them every opportunity I get!!!!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mine came off my belly first, but I was having swelling issues due to water retention etc.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I hope that my belly is next!!!
  • AtoZminus44
    Options
    Odd as it seemed to me, I noticed a difference yesterday in my neck/chin. Usually it would be my cheekbones or my waist. I can't wait until my theighs shrink, but that is usually last.

I've heard it said a lot of people loose from top to bottom.
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i didn't think there was much of a difference - down 6 # - but today i realized i moved up a hole on my belt (comfortably)
  • Hiisbumblebee
    Options
    I first began losing weight in my thighs... then my chest and now, my tummy. YAAY!! :)
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my face and my fingers , I dont like losing too much on my face though as I can easily look very gaunt :( wish it would hurry up off my belly teaching a trampoline lesson with a jelly belly is noooooo fun lol
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I am crazy pear shaped, so my waist is where I see it go first, then colarbones, then my boobs go bye bye then just maybe my hips go down a smidge lol
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm in the stage where my belly is shrinking, but my thighs and butt were the first places I noticed (and my ring finger as well oddly enough).
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i haven't truly noticed a huge difference even though i am down over 30 inches from my thighs, belly button, natural waist, hips (only measure those 4 areas). i think weight is coming off equally for me from everywhere. when i look in the mirror i dont notice changes but from pictures i can see my shape is the same but smaller.
  • SynicalEnvee
    Options
    I have definitely notice a difference in my calves. They look more toned and are thinner than they previously were. My arms are also shedding the fat look really quickly. This is great because soon I won't have to worry about having horrible chicken wings if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed much of an improvement in my stomach or my thighs though my thighs are definitely sore. Something must be working.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    My boobs are usually the last to go down though I wish they'd go first!!!!
  • GoingAllTheWay4MeDee
    Options
    My belly area!! Love it!!!!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Id have to say face and tummy my work pants are now hanging on my hips and I hate belts but I may have to get one very soon and im excited about it!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Not losing right now, but when I do, bust goes first :sad: (my bf hates that because he is a breast man) then hips and tummy together :smile: .
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Where did I lose first? Hmmm. I sort of thinned out all over. Same size, just smaller really. But I think in the beginning, I lost my waist/hips first. Then I noticed my calves were thinning, and my face. My torso is still mostly the same shape, but I am completely unable to wear my pre-weight loss sized jeans (24). Now I can fit into a 14 women's petite (but only the "women's" cut). My feet and maybe my thighs are just about the only places I haven't noticed any loss.